? For Reflex experts

Andre

• Baller

Inspecting my Reflex,i found the release arms have a bit of play on my 750.

After removing the small bolts and lock nuts i saw that the mounting holes of the arms on both sides are a bit ovals and way bigger then the small bolts diameter.

No pre release or functionnal problems yet but don't want to get there.

How tight are the mountings

bolts in the arms when new?

Writing this with the ski in front of me i also notice that the holes in the aluminum mounts are ovals too...

Guess i m gonna have to bite the bullet and buy new parts...

ttshten8jfd0.jpg

3o1429ft2cwu.jpg

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Administrators

@Andre I do not want to be the guy that says it is ok only to have you break your neck but I would not think twice about using that hardware. It looks fine to me. As always if you think it will break please video your skiing.

Disclaimer: If you do not think it is not safe you should not use it. I am not telling you it is safe.

• Baller

Also,anyone try to flatten their sole to get more surface contact with the plate?

Funny looking contact pattern...

Is the HO boot completely flat under neath or similar to my Reflex rollerbla58kb0juol6rc.jpg

des boot ?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
Yours doesn't look that bad. There are some other threads here about the holes getting ground out by the threads on the bolts. The bolt threads act like a file. I found some bolts with a smooth shank and cut them down. My ski partners were ground out pretty bad and he was getting some unexpected releases so I drill the holes over and put some 10-32 bolts in place and it been like that for a couple of years. The stock bolts are metric. I can't remember the exact size.

• Baller

@Andre I wouldn’t worry about your release, arm holes look good, it’s the bases I worry about.

There is a little play from new as the screw is size m4 and the hole is a little bit bigger as when it was designed for alpine skiing the riveted pin was a little bigger in diameter than a m4 screw.

In your case the noticeable play comes from the bases holes that are oval, not round any more. So this is a concern.

So you either need to change the aluminum bases or to change the right with the left one and get some more life out of them. If you see you will notice that the holes are oval on the inside side. I would buy new though.

jyk7on0vlfcj.jpeg

• Baller

@Andre I just red your post again, so you knew about the oval mount holes, I’m sorry for writing again about it.

I didn’t suggest using the front holes because if the release is tighter than it should, it could cause a prerelease. Be very careful if you choose to do that, test it before skiing on it. I still prefer and use the stainless steel mounts.