Rear Boot Rotation - How much?

MDB1056

• Baller
Feedback last week from ballers was that YES - having rear boot straight could be contributor to my knee issue that came up. Then discussion on rotation vs cant. Rotation makes sense to me (open position). Question of how much ? Moving as far as I can to the open position still only moves a little as straight the screws are in the middle of the slot already . Going to try it that way to start but looking for any input here from others in double boots. Thanks as always.

• Baller
I've always rotated my rear binding as far as it can go and it works well for me. It's just a much more natural and comfortable position to be in. At least for me it is. I say go for it and crank it as far as you can which will probably only be a few degrees. You might find it helps your turning a little bit. I think it helped mine but I only free ski so it's hard to quantify how much.

• Baller
Thanks to all . Have it full open. Will be back out tomorrow and give it a ride. @Zman - hey whatever works for you . Would have lost money on the bet of rotating closed but now I know it's out there! Thanks again . Will give an update in the next couple of days

• Baller

There is a limit due to plates on the rotation. I bounce back and forth between straight and about half as far as my Radar boot on the Sequence plate will allow.

I don’t notice much difference.