Biggest story at Nationals is Ryan Canepa!

Horton

• Administrators
  • Baller

Or little Jake Abelson forcing the big boys to bring their best.

Night tricks was spectacular - the swirling spray and the intense movement. Wow and congratulations to the athletes.

All of them rocking the night!

Excellent show that carried over to the traditional Nationals.

Eric

• Baller
Respectfully disagree with @horton. Jake Abelson, who is 10 freaking years old, took second in Open Men's tricks and then skied under the lights and stood up both passes and totally crushed it. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in this sport and the crowd ate it up. I must add though that Canapa's win was huge too, so major props to him.

• Baller

My understanding is that for Ryan Canepa the first time he’s ever ran 39 was in the Nationals about an hour before he skied in the AC. Then he went out in the AC and ran 5-1/2@39 again! Certainly one amazing story and performance from an up and coming star.

Jake Abelson was fun to call. A pint sized version of the big boys who seems to be learning new tricks every week. Not only did he finish second in OM Tricks he also set (another) pending B2 trick record. Imagine what it would look like if a 6 foot tall grown adult would show up on the B2 starting dock ....this is obviously the opposite but no less dramatic.

We’ll be seeing more from both these kids!!