Napa California ski schools?

Jetsetr

• Baller
Thanks for the replies...looks like they’re closed/booked now. Boss might not like me “borrowing” the plane to go skiing...will only be there for 4 days total so only 2 full days for skiing. Will have to wait till fall/winter for our Florida trips to get some coaching...

• Baller
The Monticello Ski Club is at Lake Berryessa in Napa. You are welcome to come out and get some skiing in. You can send me a message and I'll give you more info. Don't worry about the smoke-- it's just like a bar in the 70's. It will bring back good memories.

• Baller

Would love to train with Terry...only have two days (maybe only one depending on what the boss wants to do) so scooting over to SAC really isn’t an option...I’m planning on getting some water time in at Monticello-that looks like an awesome place to ski...

Not sure I would want to waste Mr. Winters time being a extreme novice...

I do plan on subscribing to his on line and video coaching...

I kinda went into brain freeze when I skied @ Stillwater’s...first time on a course and having a big dawg waiting for me to finish up so he could get some sets in (self implied pressure, no external what so ever) has made me a little gun shy (the award quality OTF didn’t help either). That’s one of the reasons I purchased my own course and set my own boat up.

I don’t consider failures as failures, just learning experiences...but as a type A-semi control freak (most pilots and pro race car drivers are, and I do both) I don’t like going into something totally unprepared and looking like I have absolutely not clue as to what I’m doing...

Want to be better prepared if I decide to compete at some point, but in reality I do this for FUN first, the great exercise and personal satisfaction...

• Baller
Berryessa is great. Liquid Zone is not much further. I watched Terry coach kids for 4 full days this summer. Beginner (literally, some kids learning to get up on two skis for first time) to 38 off. 6 and 7 years old to 18. This is a very patient instructor, and the rate at which these kids improved was remarkable. I'm sure he works wonders with adults as well. FWIW.

• Baller
@Jetsetr , I would not consider it a waste of Terry's time if you did have the opportunity some time. He is very supportive of people learning, expresses genuine interest in the student's success wherever they are on the path, and gives good advice as to what is the best thing to work on right now. So if you do get the chance, do not consider it a waste of anyone's time. @Hallpass has it right.

• Baller

Thanks for the encouragement...

Little short on time this trip, but will be back out there in September.

I’ve watched the video with Allison and I see some of the things I need to work on...

Going to ski later today and tomorrow and going to concentrate on some of the fundamentals...

Didn’t realize it was only 62 miles from Napa to Sacramento...

Will see if I can get in on short notice...

Thanks again...