Bindings

WBLskier

• Baller

I want to find a new binding for my 12 YO daughter. Shes 5’3” 100 lbs. She’s running 28 off @ 32mph. On a 63.5” Radar. She crashed last week and hurt her ankle and did it again shortly after. Currently on vector front and Rtp. I know reflex is a good option and I may end up going that route but I do worry about a twisting fall and whether she’ll actually release. I like the vapors but she is a women’s size 8 with narrow feet so I’m not sure how that would work. Fm makes one that looks similar to a vapor release design but I don’t know anyone on that system. Any thoughts would

Be appreciated. Thanks.

• Baller

If you're really worry about twisting fall,not a lot of bindings will release under circumstances.

MOB really advertise the fact that it can release in all directions but never tried them and no one that i know use them.Bit expensive too...

Reflex is always a good choice IMO even if i had an Achilles rupture using it but it was one of those weird fall,no twisting involve.Bad side she will outgrow the shell in X time.

Good shopping!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

This has been a big topic as of late...

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/19844/release-bindings-that-favor-safety-over-performance

I've recently put my 14 year old 120lb daughter on the MOB system. I know it is the best for her with tricking and I dont think there is anything better with slalom. Maybe other systems, like single plate dual loc have some advantage some types of falls but too many folks have wierd falls where a twist release aint going to happen in any system but MOB as far as i can tell.

• Baller
@WBLskier my daughter grew using the MOB type release system, now as a W2 skier runs into 35 off. I have a lot of junior skiers using the MOB system. You can use most any type of boot on the system, so finding the right fit for her narrow foot should not be a problem. I will be glad to help you get something set up for her.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
@WaterSkier12 yeah I needed a break before going to Nationals! Sent my daughter instead, who was Assistant Chief Judge, and had lots of great skiers representing MOB including you son.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller