Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
@Live2ski the rumor mill says that the old 200 molds are at Bryant boats in Tenn. So dimensionally the wetted surface is the same. They are using the 200 molds that were recut a few years ago. Is the weight distribution or the prop and rudder or other details the same? IDK.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I think it looks great! Great freshening of the 200 interior and finally lost the carpet. I know carpet is quiet and is nice when new, clean, and dry, but the boats really stink once the carpet gets wet. I have been asking for this for years! It has been really nice being able to use a water hose to clean the inside of my 19 ski nautique and have the boat clean and dry in an hour. Full disclosure, I am on the promo team.

• Baller

I love the fact that I don't hate how the tower looks on it. In fact, I quite like the tower on it, and with the swivel racks, even better. And then the way it folds down and doesn't seem to touch anything - even better.

It does hurt my heart a little bit, though, to see it towing tubes.

I must admit, if someone wrote me a check for a new boat, I'd run to MasterCraft Seattle to get a ProStar. HOWEVER, I think this new 200 is seriously amazing. Fixes almost of the complaints I had about the SN200 - stupid carpet, dated interior, saddle storage that really just eats up interior space, bad dash screen, etc... The old 200 is my favorite boat to drive (ProStar is my favorite for skiing feel and other things), so the same performance combined with the new interior is awesome! The removable seats are pretty trick too.

@eleeski is SDSU going to get this new 200 or the funky new angular Ski Nautique? I was under the impression that they were supposed to get a new boat a couple years ago. I honestly don't see how the fancy new micro-tuners (on the new gen hull) could survive years of use in Mission Bay. My buddy even has trouble with his regular hydrogate in MB.

• Baller

This boat seems good for tournament specific use but where it would really excel is for the complete watersports water family with a course on the lake. I don't know anyone who wants to do too many more than 4 hard sets in a day; sometimes you just want to bring your non-skiier friends out and surf/wakeboard/watch the kids do their thing (*alleged room for 9*) and spend the entire day on the water. I could never sell my whole family on a SN before because it didn't accommodate everyone, now it would!*

*You know; in theory

• Baller

@shansen345 I talked to the SDSU people last night. They were under the impression that they were getting a glass version of the current boat, not a 200. But when I pressed them and with the release of the Bryant 200 they were wondering what exactly they were going to get.

It was promised with an experimental salt water engine package as well. They have been a testing ground for Nautique in the past. With a couple new ski products out, who knows what they will be getting.

They get new boats every couple years. Currently there are 2 200s at the Aquatic center available to the team. The team usually takes out the older one. I don't understand the dynamics of the Aquatic center/ ski team relationship. But I like how Correct Craft supports San Diego skiing! Looking forward to the new boat, whatever it is.

Eric

• Administrators

@sunnshinne except for a few small cosmetic changes this is the exact same boat as they made last year. I don't understand how this is suddenly so much more useful.

@blakeyates what exactly are the three fantastic boats that Nautique manufacturers that you think are three event boats?

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Ilivetoski , as for 9 passengers; that’s just for riding/cruising the lake with 3 in the back, 3 in the front seat, and 3 in the open bow. As you know, the small open bow in that size boat would be for the smaller children. Like you, when skiing with the rope at the pylon, you eliminate the number of passengers by at least 3.

• Administrators

@blakeyates

http://media.tumblr.com/fe497dd337d9af8479bb6398b9565d16/tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/fe497dd337d9af8479bb6398b9565d16/tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt.gif

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@Gloersen interesting theory about the liner. Never really heard about that concept before but with a boat that is something like 95 in wide 500 lb in total weight theoretically should not change the wake significantly.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_

Re the engine HP, the PCM 6 liter comes standard at 409 and there is the same base engine with a different cam that puts out 450hp. The higher hp engine recommends higher octane gas than the 409.

Somewhere back in this thread it was mentioned about 2 engine options. It is probably these configurations.

@Horton you don’t think 500lbs will change the wake? Go ski with a driver only, then try with 3 additional adults in the boat and see if you still think that. At 32 and shorter, probably not much difference, but at 28 and longer it would make a noticeable difference.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

@Bruce_Butterfield @Horton A few years back skied a Txi with a tower...we had a group of 5 which was really abnormal...so 4 in the boat. I had skied that boat plenty with a driver or driver/spotter and it was fine.

The conditions sucked...pretty windy so the thinking was going to keep the line longer maybe just run some openers...holy wrong. 28 off was brutal, 32 sucked, and 35 was fine so skied 35's in a big quartering cross with rain threatening.

Bottom line is the weight change was dramatic on the wake.

Will be curious to see how people like the recycled boat and if it sells well. 6.0 liter rocks. Still think it needs ski racks

• Baller

I'm betting the actual weight difference is nowhere near 500 lbs. Boat dry weights are notoriously suspect. I wouldn't be surprised actually if CorrectCraft isn't intentionally overstating the weight to ensure the listed weight isn't too close to that of the Stealth Pug.

Anyone going to demo one and mind heading down to the local Cat scale with all fluids topped off? :)

@Gloersen is correct that at least a large portion of the weight difference is down to the one piece deck and interior liner, and the new structural grid that would be required for the new deck tooling. In essence you end up with a double bottom thickness as well as the added weight from the gunnel sides and floor. While a 400lb increase seems high for a boat this size, and I would not be surprised if they are just more accurately stating the actual weight of the boat, the weight increase from the added fiberglass would not be insignificant.

Weight and balance are the two most important components in naval architecture, but are often the first to be ignored by a builder, so for everyone's sake I hope they were paying attention to it when they were updating the boat.