Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Baller

This boat immediately jumps to the top of my wish list. Best looking boat of the Big 3. Will be interesting to see where the price comes in ... Someone needs to buy one of these things and sell it to me used in three years :-)

@Ilivetoski the old 200 was officially called the "Ski Nautique 200" while this boat is called the "Nautique 200." I'm thinking that's why/how they are saying it's the first "Nautique 200."

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Good looking boat. The gelcoat options are pretty limited. Either all white or lots of color on the sides and deck which means a lot of time spent cleaning when you have hard water. The options look about the same except for the slide in air dam and bow cushions are options while standard on MasterCraft and Malibu. Really like how the rear seating is done. When I built the boat online, I did not see an MSRP. Will be interesting to hear price.

• Baller_

@Gloersen, they say in the video the weight is 3300 without tower and 3400 with tower.

I wonder if the weight change is from including the engine weight versus not including it. In the past there have been some discussions that boat weights may not include the engine. Maybe that is the difference and the 2950 boat was really 3450.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I just watched the walk through video, and noticed "River Mode" on the dash screen. Anybody know the details of how that works? I can only hope it switches the GPS speed input to a paddlewheel input, but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

• Administrators
@Gloersen I've been led to believe that all those marketing weight numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not saying the boats are heavier or lighter I've just been encouraged not to take them as fact.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Nautique made a reply a Facebook post saying it is based off the original 200, but with a completely redesigned hull.

''Nautique Boats Hey George, you are correct... the Ski Nautique is a completely new design for 2019 and the Nautique 200 is a new design as well, based off the old Ski 200 but it's also a completely new hull.''

• Baller

Regarding the weight, the kids at SDSU told me that their new Nautique was going to be a different layup with more glass and no carbon for the school use and salt water. If they are using things like expensive carbon in normal boats, that will add weight if it is replaced with cheaper glass.

The open bow also adds some weight.

Real world weight might differ from the reported weight of a specific boat used for measurement.

Heavy boats are harder to tow.

Eric

• Baller

@skierjp Is there carbon in the new Nautique (not the 200)? Was there carbon in the Correct Craft built 200? Is there carbon in the Bryant 200 (or different resins/materials)?

Mission Bay Aquatic Center, the entity who operates the SDSU team boat, is a relevant dealer and test bed for Correct Craft. Maybe it is fake news, BS to explain the slow delivery or exaggeration of something minor. They did warn me that their wake might be different from the boat in Chile - and not delivered until after Chile.

Maybe the old weight was the fake news. Rumors will float until a credible explanation exists. Sorry if I'm repeating something erroneous.

Eric

• Baller

I showed pictures to my wife as a possible future replacement for the family open water replacement (for our Nautique 206). Her reaction, "where do you store stuff?".

If they are leaning more towards targeting the multisport/family crowd, removing the saddle bags looks good...but does force me to use the only storage for my ski. Appreciate something focused on this market, and hoping to see more! I think the boat looks great.

• Baller

@mbabiash Straight from the website.

The running surface of the all-new Nautique 200 was designed from the award-winning and record-breaking Ski Nautique 200. Taking some of the best characteristics and even adding new ones, the hull of the Nautique 200 performs much like its predecessor and is an AWSA record-capable and tournament-approved towboat. Flat, soft wakes and responsive driving make this a great all-around ski boat with the capability of pleasing any level of water skier.

• Baller

Really interesting that they decided to go this route instead of making an open bow version of the new SN.

Looking at the video and pics it looks like the walkthrough is gone so the seat pad in the middle of the bow sits right on fiberglass which would add storage to the bow and under the dash is all glass instead of the carpeted wood or glass it was previously. Obviously the saddle bags are gone, and the back seat is different. I’m curious what rope length you can get into without touching the tower. My dealer told me that they sat in a 200 with a tower and watched Nate Smith get into 38 without the tower being touched by the rope, this tower looks to be about in the same spot, but still behind the pylon.

• Baller
@LoopSki after owning 35 boats the new 2019 with sea dek is awesome. It is so easy to take care of. This boat can go from totally drenched to dry in a couple hours here in Florida. Any boat with carpet would take a couple days with fans on it in my garage. Also no Odor from wet carpet, my boat still smells new.

• Baller
It’s ALL good. I like the new 2019 Nautique 200 and the marketing behind it. I love the innovation of the 2019 Nautique and the push by Nautique to make the most advanced ski boat on the market. I’m probably prejudice, but they make the #1 three event boat, the #2 three event boat, and now....... the #3 three event boat available. This is based IMO on performance behind the wheel, wakes, tracking, skier satisfaction, reliability, and overall comfort. Nuff said.

• Baller

@blakeyates

"It’s ALL good. I like the new 2019 Nautique 200 and the marketing behind it. I love the innovation of the 2019 Nautique and the push by Nautique to make the most advanced ski boat on the market. I’m probably prejudice, but they make the #1 three event boat, the #2 three event boat, and now....... the #3 three event boat available. This is based IMO on performance behind the wheel, wakes, tracking, skier satisfaction, reliability, and overall comfort. Nuff said."

Are you on the promo program?