Will Nautique still make the 200?

skinut

• Baller
As a European club. I want no side storage, no carpet, zr409, Analogue gauges and ZO head unit. Basic color scheme, no need for OB but I can live with it. Oh and back to 06' prices ;) joke but Realistically a good amount of dollar less than 19'.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Wow, I really hope this thread isn't just one giant tease. I would love to see a value based 200 still be offered, especially an open bow version.

So let me throw out an idea here that might be controversial - especially with @eleeski, but here's my opinion...I think.

If we are making the 200 value based - what if we also just eliminated the hydrogate and all the problems of adjustment and complications it seems to have? Instead, we just mold in the little hook like my 97 bubble back has so that it is just always in slalom mode and it can't fall out of adjustment or anything. My wake still stays nice and rampy, even as the speeds get a little higher, and especially if you add some weight to the back.

I really think this would be a correct move to make based on the market they would seem to be seeking with this boat.

• Baller
This does sound suspiciously like what Centurion-Supreme wanted to do with the Carbon Pro v2. I hope it works out, I would even consider one in a year or two . Our sport needs a more affordable craft for those that can only dream of a new tournament ski boat currently. However I continue to believe that brand loyalty runs extremely deep in our sport as @ConPexEr demonstrated . Everyone wants a "basic boat" but it needs to be manufactured by SN - MC or Bu apparently?

• Administrators
At the high end of the sport we expect the pylon to move only inches right to left and for the wake to be sublime. How you maintain your molds and lay up your boat is critical at the pinnacle of the sport.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

Bryant has a very good reputation for putting out quality boats so I would not worry about Bayliner levels of quality. As long as they have good process control in place there is no reason to think there would be a noticeable change from a Nautique built boat.

@Horton if there is no change to the hull design there is no reason there would be any change to the excellent tracking characteristics of the boat.

Consistency boat to boat may even improve being built in Tennessee all else being equal due to the fact that there is less temperature and humidity variation to deal with which becomes a huge issue with controlling the curing of the resin and heat that is generated.

• Baller

Value being a relative term. Now that the new 3-event boats are so pricey...value is likely to come in at something around what we used to think was very expensive, but seems like value in comparison.

The challenge then, as always with value boats...will people buy the value version or a 3 year old top of the line for same price? The difference being this time the value boat is a big 3 offering...tho there have been attempts at that in the past.

I hope it goes well.

• Baller
Sounds like a very compelling package. I hope they keep the Nautique brand as that is critical to the “value” @6balls is referring to. A 200 without the “stay wet” carpet and saddlebags you aren’t supposed to step on, and 6L motor sounds pretty sweet. Skip the touchscreen, go with analog gauges and a ZO headunit, keep the heater and heated seats.

• Baller
@MS I agree and disagree; how many of those people building our boats today do you think actually ski? I would guess a small percentage... (compared to board/surf or do not boat at all) I do believe most of them take pride in what they build -- however they are building Way more V-drives than direct drives. As the industry continues to consolidate I would not be surprised that one day factories are dedicated to building V-Drives and other locations within an organization build Direct Drives. This use of the Bryant factory might be a glimpse at the future.

• Baller

@swc5150. Not really sure that the SN 176 was considered a stripped down boat. You could get it with GT40, different gels and interiors, etc. I think it was really about having a shorter boat, particularly for zd01nj0lwg9j.png

length restricted lakes. The Ski Nautique standard was offered mid-90s. That was a stripped down boat. White only, minimal graphics, very basic white interior. Carb'd 240 horse engine.

I believe it was locked or deleted. I was in the middle of typing a comment when a flag appeared saying I no longer had permission to post in that thread.

I was surprised to see that the boat still had the link system given that it is being billed as a club/price point boat.

• Baller_
Imagine a 200 without side storage (so more room around motor box). Minimal SeaDeck on the engine cover mostly on the top of it with no vinyl padding anywhere on it. Rest looks just like a 200. Can't see a ton of $$ savings but maybe.