Is this a half a ball or 1/4 ball?

• Baller
First one is definitely 3. Second one I agree looks like 2 from the video. On the second video if the ski was outside the ball and got kicked out it looks like he still had the handle and definitely didn't turn back toward the wakes so it "could" have been 2 1/4. I would have called it 2 though as it looks to me like he was inside the ball.

• Baller
The story of this is...On my first set I did the course at 30mph 15 off...but missed the exit gate. Next run I missed the entrance gate. 3rd run I got the whole course...which is my PB (this is my first season having access to a real course). My next set I was a mess, I am guessing fatigue, but when I showed my 12 year old son the video he asked...is that a half ball? I got a good laugh out of that :)

• Baller

10.03 A Miss

A. It is a miss to ride inside a turn buoy or outside the entrance or exit gate, or to ride over, straddle, or jump a turn buoy, but there is no penalty for grazing a turn or gate buoy with the ski or part of the body.

B. Riding over shall be defined as hitting a turn or gate buoy with the ski so as to move it significantly from its position or temporarily sink it. Hitting a turn or exit gate buoy less severely shall be considered as grazing. A skier shall be judged as missing the entry or exit gate when the center of the ski passes to the outside of the center of the gate buoy as shown in the diagram below.

• Baller

I know it’s not what you asked for, but your pull out is wayy to short and you end up super narrow right from the start. Then you have to fight the whole way through the course, pulling long and forcing turns.

I found that getting a good, wide start sorts out many other things rounding the balls. You get more speed, you can edge change earlier, do proper pre turns, ...

Try to get much wider/higher on the boat for your set up, then stand up slowly, chest facing downcourse get in a good stable glide with the weight over your front foot before turning in to nail the gates. If you do that everything else gets easier. You might have to adjust your timing for the pull out and turn in as you get wider, but I can assure you, it will be rewarding!