Got my first ride of the year in this morning

Chef23

• Baller

I didn’t ski much last year as I was coming back from a lengthy illness then when I started to get on the water my recurring back issues flared up. I have been doing a lot of PT for my core, back and hip which has helped. For a number of reasons I have been away from our lake this spring.

I went out this morning and free skied on a Radar Katana at 30 mph and felt pretty good. I went to PT after and if I feel ok tomorrow I will try to get another ski in.

I am going to get at least 6-8 free ski rides before I think about the course. My plan is to run slow speed on the Katana for a while before thinking about going back to my regular ski. Probably no tournament skiing for me this year but hopefully by the end of the summer I will be running the course again.

• Baller
@Andre I am at about 200-205 right now and have been stable there for at least 3 months. That is about 35+ pounds below where I was when I got sick. I am trying to stick there. I could see being 5 -10 pounds lighter. For quite a few months I was trying to eat more to get weight back on and I overshot by a couple of pounds. I had never been able to eat as much as I wanted and I have had to stop having a huge bowl of ice cream every night.

• Baller

Ice cream every night? I couldn't even do that when I was in my 20's. :)

Glad to hear you are taking it easy getting started. Last thing you want is to injure something else as a result of youthful exuberance.

• Baller
@Chef23 I haven't had the need to gain weight issue since high school, but I've have the injuring something else issue lately. Just got back on the water after shredding my meniscus only to aggravate a pinched nerve in my neck. Oh to be young and bullet proof again.