Radar vapor 2018 pro build

Mikesgood

• Baller
@Mikesgood It took me about 4 days out adjusting each time before it felt good for me. I couldn’t get my offside to come around. Found one hole back on boot settings and dropping my fin down did the trick. This was after some other fin adjustments were made also. Boot settings really helped a lot tho especially since that ski rides so high in the water. Transition into the turn and getting forward getting forward is really needed. It is a super forgiving ski IMO and predictable once you figure it out.

• Baller
The versatility in set up on this ski is something that really stands out to me. I have run my boots as far forward as 30 3/8 and as far back as 29 3/4 with great results everywhere. I recommend trying different boot locations first to find your preferred location and then dialing in the fin to accommodate boot location.

6th set on my 2018 Pro Build and I ran a 3 buoy PB. The people at Radar have created a wonderful ski. I would always get hung up at 4@32 in the past; on my 2018 I ran the pass on my second attempt. I hope this trend continues!!

The fin and binding are stock.

@C5Quest I have skied a 66” Lithium in the past. Tried all sorts of different Fin and binding setting. I just couldn’t get it to turn.

I am not sure if it is the length, flex or just generally improving my overall technique which allows me to run a shorter ski with more success.

I have never had issues in the past generating speed so the shorter ski has allowed me to turn with more ease.

I have always read to ski the longest ski possible that you can turn. Through trial and error it is a 65”.

I am glad you are having success with your ski. It is great to hear people improving their slalom skiing and loving the sport at the same time. I wish you nothing but the most success this season!

@Chris Rossi I was on the 2017 Pro Build before and I am now on the 19 Model. I set it up to deep and short. The 2019 model is much more stable and forgiving but it does not have the speed and the light feeling of the 2017. Any ideas what I can change to make it more alive?

• Baller

I will chime in as a 2017 owner...I went from an older 67" Senate to a 66" Pro...this ski will kill you for bad form. On my Senate I could put pressure on the back foot and it would still turn. This 2017? The ski just stops. Now that I have a full season on the ski and am finally getting the pressure on the front I went from not being able to ski the course at 28mph to just getting a PB of 5 balls at 34mph in 59 degree water. The thing I like about the Vapor is that it is a great teaching tool...at least the 2017...it will show you your mistakes so you can improve.

Build your form and the turn will come.

@Zman I own the 18 lithium but have spent quite a few sets on the 18 pro as well. The main difference in construction is the pro has the PMI core vs the PVC in the lithium, and the pro has a different carbon.

I'm just getting into the course, and was able to improve like crazy this summer on the lithium. Went from never skiing the course to running 15 off @ 34mph.

At my level the biggest difference I felt was the pro accelerated a bit quicker across course and out of the turn.