Travers Grand Prix Running Order

• Baller_

My take:

Jonathan Travers and the Travers family and friends deserve tons of praise for putting on such a large and fun event. Can't imagine the amount of work that went into this.

Slalom was met with near perfect conditions both days. Guessing some PBs happened ( like...Jason Seal ran 39 both rounds on his new Denali) but the standout to me was the efficiency of the judges, drivers, dock starters and anyone else having to do with keeping the skiers going at a blistering rate. Most efficient I've seen in FL in 20yrs.

Kart racing was a blast and if you think pro skiers are competitive on the water...oh man. I'm not sure the safety staff was ready for that. Let's just say lots of warnings were given about curtain track rules that were being pushed. I think that was the hardest I laughed all weekend. The staff at the track were great hosts non the less and in the end I don't think anyone walked away without a huge smile and several stories to tell.

Skeet shooting adjacent to the ski event was fantastic. The crew running the show was top notch. If you had not shot before they had a station to teach you without live rounds. Then you got to take a crack at the real thing with coaching and pointers given by the staff when needed. They made you a better shot. They made you feel welcome and successful. Can't say enough about how professional that whole event was handled.

In the end, Pros ( Nate Will Winter) were rewarded for their performance for the pro event. The 20 teams of 3 ( 1 pro and 2 ams ) were all recognized with the top three teams on the podium holding up their trophy and some kickass prizes (new HO slalom skis, hardshell boots and vests for 1st 2nd and 3rd).

I will post some pics that I have and a video or two if I can move them to YouTube.

Bottom line... Great event. Run with efficiency and professionalism while maintaining a very high level of fun. And I WILL be back if they have it again.

Wish