Ski Nautique 2019

skierjp

• Baller

@CBR51

I only skied one set of –28s behind the new boat during a lesson with Matt Rini. I was totally focused on what the master had me working on (and a little baffled by the 8-ball course gate), so this isn't a proper review. But I did notice two things:

1) I was completely unaware of the pull or the wake, which I suppose means they are either as good as or better than my '15 CC200 6L. If anything unexpected was going on, I would have seized the opportunity to blame it for making me ski like a doorknob.

2) I was wider and earlier than expected virtually every pass, even with screw-ups. Was this because the wake shaper works at —28, or because skiing for Matt makes me try harder? I can say that I didn't get a single decent gate, so there's a good case to be made for the wake actually being helpful.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@DW

The MicroTuner was turned on, but I'm not sure if that means the points were engaged or not. The MicroTuner programming is complex, and Nautique is keeping the details hush hush for now. All I know is the triangular gates and the wake gate are all tied to the boat's wake management system. And both the triangles and wake gate engage and disengage in varying combinations that depend on the boat's speed and rope length.

• Baller
@swc5150 my TSC 1 nautique will have marks from the rope way up on the gunwales that I wife off/buff out with some regularity...so it must touch there, too. With that I don't think the sides are all that high or out of bounds, anyway.

• Administrators
@SkiJay assume you can get out of video camera. Put the boat on the trailer. Tell the computer what rope length and boat speeds... video all of the different micro tuner variables.

• Baller
@UWSkier sounds like a job for a go pro when driving down the road on a trailer. Irrespective of actual boat speed they must deploy once a certain gps speed is exceeded say 20mph to the amount specified in the program based on set point for line length and zero off target speed.

• Baller_
If you need creative ways to determine what the competition is doing, simply head to your local race track, the Nascar garage is loaded with people who are very good at that craft...

• Baller

@SkierAtHeart No, that was the Dealers 200 I believe. Was not able to make it this year due to work.

This is our new Promo SN that is scheduled to arrive early June. Hopefully just before our first tournament at Bell Acqua.

Very excited to try out the 2019 from both a skier and driver standpoint.

• Baller
@Krlee I was just making a joke. Bob did bring one of his boats up there. Missed you at Gates and Wakes this year. With the water skiing portion canceled it left the door wide open for a snow skier to take the top spot. :) Now back to the 2019 Nautique. I really like the color scheme you picked out.

• Baller
I talked to some people who skied behind it and drove it and the reviews were very good. That is not surprising, it is a Nautique. The brown seadeck looks like an old wood panel station wagon. If it was grey it wouldn't be so overpowering.