DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 2017 RADAR VAPOR AND PRO BUILD

bananaron

• Baller

The pro build has a different material at the core (PMI) that makes it more responsive than the lithium vapor.

I’ve skied my friends 2016 lithium vapor which led me to want one at the end of the season. I ended up getting a pro build. - I honestly can’t perceive a difference versus my pro at my level.

There is a bigger difference with the 2018 pro build as they made changes to it in the shape. That’s why there are lots of 2017 pro builds on ski-it-again, everyone wants the 2018 despite the 2017 still being a great ski.

• Baller
JMO, in 2018, I pretty sure that the Vapor is sold in both Pro Build (PMI core) and Lithium (PVC core) and being the same shape / ski with different cores. They did the same thing in 2017 and then updated the shape for 2018.

• Baller

@jpattigr - yep, we are saying the same thing. Shape is consistent each year between the different vapor models - the core material is what changes with each model.

Note, 2017 was the year the Pro Build version was introduced.

I’m sure @eddie_roberts_jr can provide more detail since he designed them :-)

• Baller

I have a 2017 Pro Build and like it a lot, got talking to some people, the general concensous from them was, that the 2018 turns a lot better on both sides, but is a little slower across course than the 2017, where as the 2017 is quicker across course but does not turn as well.

I personally have no problem at all with turning my ski, it turns plenty and I am on stock settings, maybe moving the fin forward would speed the turn up a bit, but for me it is not really a issue.