Promo Boat With Tower ?

blakeyates

• Baller
I have a strong potential buyer for my 2017 Nautique 200 Promo Boat and he wants to put a tower on the Boat. When he got the price from the Nautique dealer for factory tower, it was a bit pricey. Does anyone have advice that I can pass along regarding quality after-market towers? I am told that the brackets under the gunnels are already pre-installed. Any help may get my boat sold so that I can pull some tournaments this year in the next boat.

• Baller_
Blake. Reminder the tower reinforcement in the deck is specified for the tower designed for that boat. Adding an aftermarket tower may cause cracking or undue stress on the areas where the aftermarket tower lands. Not saying a aftermarket unit can't be installed just that their is a very hi risk of deformation and potential for gel coat cracking.

• Baller

I've said it before and I'll say it again we love the tower on the 200

My advise would be to buy the factory tower they are so simple to use and if you do want to take it off and hide the holes a simple strip of sea deck does the trick

• Baller_
In the PNW, Samson is the aftermarket tower of choice. When properly installed and supported it will last the lifetime of the boat. Covers can be easily modified by a competent upholstery shop. Factory towers are nice, but there is nothing wrong with adding a tower if that makes for a boat sale.

• Baller

Ah, that is weird. I assume you can at least pick colors and if you get the ugly hash mark graphics? If i were plunking down the money i would want to make sure it was salable in the local market.

Side note, i wonder why my post with the roswell tower got deleted? Another apple/forum incompatible link?

• Baller

@dave2ball @oldjeep @escmanaze This is Blake’s 2017 that he is trying to sell. The potential buyer is interested in installing a tower. Yes Blake custom ordered this boat, check it out, it may be the best looking boat on Ski It Again. Red Metal Flake and Black. This boat is in show room condition with low hours.

SIA42564, Georgia.