When your Hot your Hot !

LoopSki

• Baller
Someone told me once that Ski Brendella's were old MasterCraft molds. That is, when MC was ready to move to a new hull/deck design Ski Brendella would buy the used molds and make boats with it. I also seem to recall that you could buy a Ski Brendella boat at Costco sometime in the early 90's.

• Baller

This is awesome. Thanks @LoopSki!

I love my Brendella! Mike Brendell came from a long line of boat builders, building a mould is not a big task. When you put them side by side they are not even close to the MC hull (no more than any other ski boat of the day) I highly doubt he would use a mold from MC I have heard this a bunch but I think its all bull.

After a summer of over 100 hrs pulling all sorts of skiiers, my 91 shortline comp boat has killed it all season. pulled guys thru 38off at 36 mph (with stargazer pp/zbox). There was a little spray hitting the skiier on the pullout at this length/speed but apart from that everyone was very impressed with the tow.

My biggest problem is I would love a newer boat (more room, efi, less maintenance, "nicer", more HP) but the brendella skis so well its hard to replace it.

Its only downfalls are,

No storage/very little room (3 skiers and gear is a mess)wood floors w carpet (on a boat thats used every day its hard to get them dry)

Tiny bit of spray at pullout on 38 off at 36MPH (not going to be an issue for me for a few years at least lol)

Some of the newer hulls have a bit less trough thru the wakes at shorter line lengths I have noticed but the longer line lengths are better than some of the newer boats Ive been behind.

The boat and wakes are more sensitive to weight distribution than the newer boats. ( if no spotter, counterweight is needed) 3 people in the boat is noticeable increase in wakes.

Im going to keep my eye out for "THE ONE" but for now this boat is more than adequate for me and Im guessing 98% of skiiers out there 

3ocgm0d169rd.jpg

• Baller

There used to be a 1989 on my lake. It was a good boat. The dashboard was not good for manual driving(the days before Perfect Pass) when compared to a Nautique or Master craft, but overall nice to drive and ski behind. Put Perfect Pass with Z box in one and you have a good solid ski boat. Takes the shortcomings from the dash out of the equation. You had to look up to see the boat path, and down to see the speed while in the course. The Speedometers were not in your line of sight as some other boats.

• Baller

@immikerowley that's beautiful--so classic. 3 words: paint the trailer. Seriously if you painted the trailer and threw some nice knock off polished aluminum wheels on there--wow would that package turn heads.Hit the black trim with armor all foam--dash, rubrail, trim covers on the stern--amazing stuff on black.Funny the parts sharing back then--same steering wheel, some gauges and pylon access cover that was in my '91 Centurion.