Latest news on boat promo programs.

Wish

• Baller
Waterskiers are loyal, if they don’t show up at your tournaments don’t buy their products, no boats, T-shirt’s, hats, and don’t put their decals on you vehicles. Someone will see the market and step up. Remember that numbers don’t lie....but liars do numbers. The members need to control the organization not the boat manufacturers....push your council members to change rules on the boats and when they don’t listen...vote them out

• Baller
@KRoundy with the new promos going back to the dealers, you won't be buying from the promo team owner. This concept was tried in the past many years ago. Most of the dealers did not want to have to put them into their inventories then. Time will tell how long this new strategy will last. I am fairly certain you can buy from the dealer.

• Baller

I think Nautique's new plan of the promos being sold by dealers is a good thing for several reasons. Owners need dealers for repairs more than ever with all the electronics on engines and other boat systems.

Around our area, some dealers have not exactly received promo boat service in a good way.

Establishing a relationship with the dealers will help them to see the market and meet 3event skiers. I think this is a BIG problem with promotion of tournaments. When we were trying to get boat sponsors for our Average Joes tournaments, all the representatives of the manufacturers wanted the dealers to request that the event be sponsored. Dealer involvement with the promo program will be at least somewhat of a help here.

As a promo team member, it would be a big relief for me not to have to worrry about selling the boat. There is lots of time involved with advertising, haggling, boat delivery and paperwork.

There are cons for every change, but getting dealers more associated with 3 event skiing is a good thing.

• Administrators
I would have never guessed this would be the case but there might be more promo boats in California then there were last year. I only know of one Malibu but a bunch of ProStars and 4 Nautiques (i think). We will have to see how it plays out but this is good news.

• Baller
@thager last season we actually had 5 skiers at a tournament. 2 tower judges, 1 driver, 1 boat judge and the scorer that equals 5 just in case you were struggling with the math. It was a long day as you can imagine all 5 of us just waiting for a skier!

• Baller

Not too long ago I was informed @thager had a job. Now I find out he's a pilot???? I figured for sure he broke horses for a living or was a bull rider given his...as we say in the b'ness "varus deformity" at the knees.

Sorry thread hi-jack...but someone had to do it :wink: