New KD Platinum = PB

ozski

• Baller_

@ozski Our water just hit 70 so been skiing at 32/35 with wet suits. But now the water is warming, I am getting in shape, added new front Vapor, moved my back boot back a smidgen and it feels really nice. I am right at stock numbers that Terry sent me. Now that we are getting warm it will make it easier to try some tweaking. Its a real fun ski to ride and the ride feels very stable like my last ski. I sometimes jump on the front of the ski on my off side and it can handle that no problem.

• Baller

Just ordered my Platinum from Terry last night. Can't wait for it to arrive. I loved skiing on KD back in the day. The CR7 was a ground breaking ski. Looking forward to finding out what the Platinum can do.

Wet suits at 70 degrees @MS ? Those are mid summer temps here in CO. Skied last weekend in a heater top at 59 degrees.

• Baller
@Bill22 Love the ski. It skis a lot like my Mapple did. It is fast behind the boat, quick at the ball, and doesn't dig a hole at the finish if you overturn. It really accelerates well at the hookup. Big sweet spot also as you would expect with a KD. I got the last ski at the factory, but Terry said more will be in production soon hopefully. You should connect with him and get on his list.

• Baller

Got these numbers straight from Terry and they are working really well for me. I'm 5'-10", 190 on a 67.

29 9/16 for the heel of the front boot to the tail of the ski.

2.465 depth

6.875 length

• Baller
@Marco I think you nailed it. When I first put my boots on the KD I had not idea it would take me into -39, its an easy ski to ride and allows you to focus on what you need to do. From time to time I think about trying some different fin settings but nah I just get on it and ski. Its less work than the Nano without question, my elbows held up all season on KD.

• Baller
A practice PB is a practice PB, but that was one helpful boat path....ski school weave. Watch the video and draw your own conclusions. In no way being critical of the skier, but the ski schools that weave and use practice mode to aid skier performance. Then the skier goes to a tournament and the tournament score is not even close to practice score.