SENATE, OMNI or CARBON V

Patmaster

• Baller
The Omni is new this year so there isn't a lot of experience with it yet, I know there is at least one here that loves it though. Carbon V and Senate are well regarded. Honestly, for a new skier just get the one that you can have a better deal on. Stick with 2017 or newer, don't get the older Carbon V on Overton's because it's a stiffer layup and not as well regarded. Also, on the Senate line go with a Graphite or Lithium. Good luck.

• Baller
I confess I am the one @vtmecheng correctly identifies as enjoying the Omni. I definitely agree with his comment about going 2017 onwards. These slightly wider skis appear to to continue to improve and in particular they help skiers get into 34mph and start to shorten. I can't comment on the Carbon V or the Senate but obviously they are well regarded too. If you can, try before you buy.

• Baller_
I have s 67” 2018 Carbon V. I ran -35 at 32 mph my first set riding it. (I am a 34 mph skier and my “regular” ski is a 68” T3.) I found it stable but easy to turn and very fast cross course. I think you can ride this ski with a wide variety of styles (which is a good thing as i can demonstrate a wide variety of styles in s single pass). I highly recommend it.

Lpskier

If he's a beginner in the course, I would recommend the regular Connelly V instead of the carbon version. Half the price and just as good a ski for him IMO. I upgraded last season from the regular V to the carbon V, I'm a 32/34 mph 15 off skier. It takes a better skier than me to realize the advantages of the carbon.