CX vs TX

JBB

• Baller
To be fair, I have a CX, and as seen in my previous posts, I have switched to hardshell boots, as a result of/to further prevent injury. Skiing on the CX is a bit aggressive, and causing some pain. I am looking to slow down a bit, to get used to the new equipment. I am trying to decide if TX (The Texas sized CX) is the right move, and wanted to know the width difference is. Ultimately determining how fast i would be out of the ski, and if there is a big performance gap between the CX and teh TX

• Baller

TX is about .25" to .375" wider than CX depending on where you measure. Omni is between the two at 7.047" across the front inserts. From what I recall, Theory is a fair bit wider than all three.

Hope this info helps!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
The 2016 Senate at the 67" length is 7.043" at max width point, so nearly the same as the Omni. The 2015 Theory (last Theory made) in 67" length is 7.347" at max width point, so probably just a bit wider than the TX. Of course, width is just one factor in the design of a ski. It is probably more telling when comparing mid-level skis to know the manufacturer's recommended max speed than the particular width. The Senate is recommended for a max speed of 34mph while the Theory has a recommended max speed of 32mph. IIRC, the TX suggested max speed is 34mph, so more in line with the Senate. I think the CX also had a recommended max speed of 34mph, too, but I don't know for sure.

• Baller

Thank you all. I was referencing the Theory, because i have used a friends in the past, and didn't find it responsive enough. I was concerned that the TX was about those widths, and was concerned with the extreme stability that came with the Radar. I don't necessarily need a surfboard like that.