Teak Swim Platform

CapnDean

• Baller
@oldjeep some work maybe but after the work they look great again. My fiberglass (or whatever composition it is) one looks like crap what with the pad cracking and various scratches. No amount of labor will help the pad, it'll take $$ and more labor. Wish I had a teak platform for my '08 196.

• Baller

I think the teak platforms look way better than the fiberglass ones. Maybe I’m bias because I’ve had to repair and paint too many fiberglass ones. Even still the teak platform makes the boat stand out more, IMO.

@oldjeep would you post some pics when you get done with the wine rack/bar project. That’s an awesome idea and I’d like to see it.

• Baller

An interesting story came with the platform. Apparently they had been built for a lawyer who was suing one of the big boat mfg over a carbon monoxide related death. The platform has recessed plexi plates on the bottom to cover the holes in the platform. The platforms have just been sitting around in the lawyers office for years. Nice work, but they have to come off for my project.

2hnjrc1r4zpg.jpg

• Baller

@ShererSkier - yes. The slots hold glasses, although I'm seeing that I need to add a backstop so that they can't get pushed off the back. Just got it all brought in from the garage and loaded up. Did realize a few minutes ago that the bottle holders are all too small for Champaign bottles, so I guess they get to ride on top

l00n2iiv57uo.jpg

8p6ka7aepny7.jpg