SITE MAINTENANCE IS UNDERWAY. The forum is locked down and is moving to a new server. This might take all day Monday & part of Tuesday.

Skiing on Lake Anna, VA

vtmecheng

• Baller

Not sure if this is the right category.

Until this summer I've only ever free skied on Lake Anna, VA. I'm now in Pittsburgh and am lucky to have found an amazing club this summer to ski with. The course skiing is what brought me here. I still go back to Lake Anna a few times a year for some family time on the lake. I'm curious if any ballers are Lake Anna regulars?

• Baller
I had heard of a club on a nearby private lake but didn't know if any on Anna. A neighbor of my dad's would put in a temp course a few times a year but he stopped maybe 10 years ago. When I'm there we get up, have a bit of coffee, and hit the water before breakfast. We also try to get a run in before dark but sometimes I give the muscles a rest and have a margarita instead.

There is a floating course on the private side near the power plant during the colder months. Sinking course also on private side. Our club, Richmond Water Ski Club, is about 40 minutes away. Corey Vaughn runs a ski school 15 minutes away. Let me know if you need details or contacts. clemsontigerdave@gmail.com

• Baller
I thought there was someone with a ski course up north of the splits, past Hunter's Landing. I don't know of it still goes in ever or if the person is the sharing type. Only read about it online from maybe 7 years back. I have wondered if there is a law about putting a course in since the cold side is so busy on summer weekends.

• Baller
Thanks @clemsondave. I only get down to the Lake Anna area maybe 3 times a year and it's mostly to spend time with my parents and enjoy the water. It would be a tough sell to head to a different place instead of family time. That said, man do I love the lake life!

• Baller

Hey guys. Glad to see such enthusiasm right here in the neighborhood. I run a ski school that is 10-25 minutes from Lake Anna (depending on what part you are coming from). It's in Bumpass, VA. I'm on a private lake, which is the most wind protected ski lake in the state. I have a new boat every year, and love meeting new skiers and getting them on the water for a set. It's a pay by set scenario, so you don't have any obligations other than to show up and have as much fun as you like. Thus, you can come and get world class skiing and be back to the family in under two hours. Alternatively, you can bring the whole family and lunch and enjoy some time in a beautiful, private setting - maybe even get somebody to ski for the first time. Anyway, I stay below the radar to avoid a lot of calls from wakeboarders/surfers, but I am here to fire you guys up, help you improve and hook you up with great deals on equipment. I'm in the process of building a new website that will have more info. In the meantime, feel free to contact me at h2oSkiJunkie@gmail.com.

Peace, Love & Waterskiing,

Corey