FlowPoint TV S4 E6: PATAGONIA Part 1 - We’re Just Like You

Horton

• Baller

All of the ingredients for another fun Flow Point tv episode; waterskiing, some buoys, freeskiing, lake life, boats full of people, cute girls, beautiful landscapes, excellent aerial footage, rafting, rock climbing, AND a sponsor to pay for it!

Thank you HO for giving back to the sport (and life style) we all love!

• Administrators
@APB BallOfSpray is a distribution channel for water ski news and ski company created content. If that offends you in some way I don't know what to tell you.

• Baller_

Thanks for the love @Chef23 @gregy @Bill22 @Horton @ALPJr @MuskokaKy !!

The truth about FlowPointTV is, I have contacted or spoken with nearly every major player (manufacturer) in the industry, and aside from HO (and MC), I've received basically crickets.

My hope for FlowPointTV has always been for it to be a vehicle for towed water sports content, no matter the brand or affiliation.

Simply put, its wide open, but HO is the real reason that FlowPointTV is a thing at all. Without their faith, support and belief in my vision from day 1, there'd be nothing to show, and nothing to share.

• Baller
It's cool if an advertisement is what it is.... I guess I held flowpoint to a higher standard. Earlier episodes weren't forcing a brand down your throat, they were entertaining, at times insightful and did contribute to the waterski community. I guess that's the bad thing about forums, not all opinions are favored.

• Baller_

Hmmmm,

Entertaining..check

Insightful...check ..didn't know such a beautiful water sports place like that existed

Contributed..check ...shows that any water time is the best time.

Heck, I didn't even notice brands until u mentioned it...honestly how could you notice them with that much stunning scenery. Guess I was paying attention to the high standard of videography that captured emotion and jaw dropping beauty. But if ya wanna focus on brands, I guess they're in there too.

• Administrators
@APB so you think that @MarcusBrown should travel the world with a group of models and athletes shooting videos on his own dime?

• Baller

As a business owner for a number of years. I would have 2 to 3 contacts a day about sponsorship of events, teams. etc. You want to support the business you are in but how do decide with so many inquiries? You look for winners, but above all you look for a return on your investment. A Business is not putting their hard earned money out of the solely out of the goodness of their heart or love of sport etc, it about money and survival ultimately.

The best sponsorships I made were people or groups that showed a positive belief in my products and a vested interest in promoting them. People who I didn't have to ask to promote me, but that came to me with ideas. I had people that were incredibly active and others that talked a big talk but when it came down to it weren't vested in my success.

To me I think Marcus is to trying to sell the water ski lifestyle and get more interest in the sport. I'm surprised more companies aren't jumping in on this because its essential to the survival of the industrial. The industry can't set back and survive on an aging customer base. Sorry if I'm ranting but I see a person in Marcus that's really talented and I'm sure could find more profitable things to do with those talents. It's easy to pick out negatives from a far. Companies are constantly paying to have their products put into movies. Think back to the James Bond movies with Glastron boats. ET with Reese’s pieces. Fedex and Wilson in CastAway. Rayban in Top Gun. These weren't accidents, its called Product Placement.

• Baller
Nope never said that. I mistook is for an episode like ones he had done in the past. This one wasn't that. It was a video of an ho catalog shoot or something.... thankfully I only gave it a little more that a min of my time. My original comment wasn't in regards to whether is was good or bad or the guy who made it. My comment/opinion was sensored or removed so I guess it really doesn't matter.

• Baller

More companies should be getting behind @MarcusBrown. He's a legend in the industry and well loved everywhere!!!

@APB if you didn't know marcus has relationships with HO and MC before ( just to name a few) than you aren't a baller! support the guys and companies that are keeping this sport alive!!!

Thanks @Horton for posting these great vids. without BOS i wouldn't have found #FlowPointTV.

• Baller

@APB any chance you're mistaking past episodes of his FlowPoint Podcast for FlowPoint TV? This is inline with several past FlowPoint TV episodes.

@MarcusBrown Patagonia's tourism board should be happy! I had already wanted to go but this ramped up the desire even more. Nice shooting. And I love the bulky orange PFD behind the tillered outboard.

• Gold Member

@andjules That's a really good point and I'm not sure I quite realized the difference until now. I really enjoy the Podcasts but the TV doesn't do it for me. My appreciation of visual art is ... limited.

I was wondering why I loved some of his stuff and didn't see the point of some of his stuff. Suddenly I realized they are fundamentally different, and I'm part of one target audience but not the other!

• Baller

@Than_Bogan Interesting thoughts. I am very visual and love visual art and coaching presentation, and etc. One thing I like about @MarcusBrown 's pod casts is that often he offers them on youtube in addition to the audio only. Sometimes I listen to the audio only, but lots of times I like the video presentation. I like a face with a voice, and often humor and other emphases are conveyed in an added way via video.

Also, this video and type of video brings to waterskiing what has been going on in the snow ski industry with companies such as Teton Gravity Research and movies such as Valhalla by Sweetgrass production, and sponsored by snow industry companies to answer that point. (and you have to mention Warren Miller, now Warren Miller Entertainment, as he is the Don of ski films) And you can see this short Marcus made has inspired some here already to consider touring to the area to recreate and experience what they see going on. I personally think it is very important and love it.

• Administrators

@APB

"My comment/opinion was sensored or removed so I guess it really doesn't matter."

That is 100% untrue. Your comments have never been edited. This forum software keeps a change log of every edit. Would you like to see screen shots or are you just confused? Skiers can accuse me of ridiculous crap elsewhere on the internet but you can not troll me on my own site.

Update: I just emailed APB screenshots of the change log from the last few days.

Shit my mistake.

APB your original comment was so unpopular (8 dislikes and disagrees) that the software automatically "buried" your comment. If you scroll up and look carefully it is still there. Posts are so rarely so unpopular that I forgot this function was even turned on.

• Baller_

Wow, thanks so much guys for the words of encouragement/support! Means a lot, to me, as well as the guys at HO that are sticking their necks out to support this effort.

I will say that even @Horton was unaware at the start, that FlowPointTV and FlowPointPodcasts were 2 different things.....so its becoming apparent that my messaging could be clearer. Maybe I'll change the name of the podcast to "Between 2 Buoys, with MB" or something like that, just to keep it simple?...

Also, @Than_Bogan and others who feel his sentiment, I would love to geek out and talk "skier + boat systems" and Speed vs Load all day long....but unfortunately that doesn't get likes on Facebook, nor shared and seen. So its a balancing act between telling these stories (that some hate) and talking shop (which some love).

• Administrators
FYI @APB and I have had an off line conversion and it is basically a irrelivant misunderstanding. All good.

• Baller

FWIW too,I enjoy every video from @MarcusBrown and i'm interrested in watching them.

Every one.

Keep making them Marcus.I don't mind if it feature HO products or any brands,i just enjoy the way you presents watersports.

Nobody else is doing it as good as you!

And i prefer watching them then reading @Than_Bogan posts! ;)

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
@APB Do you think a video made by Marcus who has had sponsorship from HO for a long time to have any thing but HO in it. What did you expect to see, people playing around other brands or on wooden planks. If al you could focus on is the logos I think your missing the point of Marcus’ videos.

• Members

Loved it. I've hiked in Patagonia but this showed another side and made me want to go back for a different kind of adventure. Thanks @MarcusBrown and thanks to HO and Sperrys for supporting these videos!

I grew up waterskiing and am just coming back to the sport. I've watched a handful of Marcus's stuff and enjoy it.