MY NEW TUG

bananaron

• Baller

This summer I have had 5 different boats on my lift and have sold 4 of them.The most recent boat is a 2003 Malibu Response LX which I just bought from the original owner.335HP monsoon shower heater perfect pass loaded with options and the best of all this boat is beyond PRISTINE CONDITION.It is brand new as the seller is probably more anal than I am.Also this monsoon has pulled 5 bare footers and trust me this thing will hole shot any boat on the market.Love the boat and pull however if someone wants to take it off my lift I will let it go.Just got 2 shots in my back to keep skiing this season and the knees are barking loud..........42uezvm6fw81.jpg

0fpg3ipt03fv.jpg

• Baller

Feel like you owe us a comparison of all the different boats you had on your lift this summer :)

Not many people cycle through that many boats in one season. Would be great to hear what you liked or didn't like about each for others that might be interested!

• Baller_

There is something up with some of the new 6L TXis I have driven. Fresh off the trailer and/or cold engine, they are quick. After a while, they become substantially slower. My LX is faster. A lot faster. It is running the old 5.7, but does not have the wetted surface or space of today's boats

As for the 6L CP, it's close. I'd have to do a more direct comparison. The CP probably has the edge.

But, the 2015 Prostar 6L that my buddies run in their club at West Shore is a rocket. And, it has 1300 hours. Hands down the winner.

The wake on my LX is good. It's more firm than others, but low. No issue at 22 off.

Prostar and CP have the best current wakes to me.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@dvskier @RichardDoane @Kwoody51 @Bill22 @RAWSki @MISkier @6balls I sold my 2001 Gekko GTR that I had since new in may of this yr.I then picked up a 2001 196 and that boat ended up on my neighbors lift.I did not like the wake or pull and my neighbor used it for 2 months and I sold it for him.I then bought a 2003 LXI and should of kept it however sold it right away .Great boat as I ski behind a 2005 and think they are a great all around boat.I then found a 2001 MC 190 that was really dialed in.This boat had the LTR and PP STARGAZER and the former owner had shaved the rudder and this thing drove itself down the lake.You drove this boat with your left thumb as the wheel was at the 9 o'clock position and the PP worked so well my wife loved to drive this ski machine.However a couple brothers talked me out of the boat and they now have it on their lift and love it. Probably should of kept it however the 2003 Malibu LX is one in a million ski machine.This boat is beyond PRISTINE.Looks drives and skis like a new boat.I still miss the wake of my GTR and the 190 was the best for driving and with stargazer a real plus.However the LX is a really rare find.Probably would sell only because my soon to be 70 yr old body has parts that are shot.If anyone is interested I would sell it for 22,900.You can contact me by phone tex or send me a msg...........thanks Ron 218-851-2801

• Baller_

@RAWSki,

I need to correct my previous post on comparative boat speed. I learned that the 2015 Prostar that my buddies have at West Shore is a 6.2L. So, while it is the fastest boat I've driven, it shouldn't be compared to the other 6L boats. I guess that makes your CP the fastest in that category.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.