Possible to remove thread updating highlight?

TallSkinnyGuy

• Baller

@Horton I am a little OCD and feel compelled to read the latest entries in a thread if I have read it before. The software you are using apparently automatically attaches my username to a thread if I open it after more than just the initial post is there. Sometimes I find out I am not really interested in a thread and don't want to read it anymore or sometimes I get weary of a given thread, but whenever new posts are added I continue to see the yellow highlight telling me new posts are there and how many there are.

Is there a way I can remove my connection to any given thread so that I don't continue to see the yellow thread-update highlights? I would really like to be able to do this.

• Baller

@Horton or @MattP when a discussion is opened it always starts at the bottom. A long time ago they would open to the last post read. That was a really nice feature! Is there any way to bring that back?

I mostly use an iOS device, not sure if it works on other system.

• Baller

+1 on getting it to open the thread on the first new message. It used to work fine. Now if you see there are "5 new messages" you literally need to scroll up counting messages along the way. It gets really tricky if there's more than one page involved. I always use the "Mark All Viewed" button so I have some chance of knowing how many new messages have been posted since my last visit.

This stopped working at the same time it required you to click on "Discussions" AFTER you clicked on "Mark All Viewed" to actually see the screen show everything has been viewed. Otherwise it just looks like you have unread messages. This happens on a Windows PC or iPhone.

• Administrators
Guys all look at all this stuff in 60 or 90 days but I can't even think about these issues at the moment.

• Baller

@MattP and @Horton The issue for me is that I'd like to be able to mark threads I want to continue reading in the future when new posts are added but I don't want to be notified that new posts are added in threads I don't want to read. Currently, a thread gets "marked" simply by opening it if there is more than just the initial post is in the thread. In my snow skiing forum a thread only gets marked for me if I make a comment or check a box to "subscribe" to the thread and therefore get notified if new posts are added.

Obviously, this is not a major issue and probably won't get anyone angry if not looked into until the fall. But it would ultimately be a really nice feature to be able to have control over which threads notify me that new posts have been added.

• Baller

@TallSkinnyGuy you can use the Star button on the threads you want to follow. This will allow you to bookmark the discussion. Then in your notification preferences you can set up how you would like to be notified about the discussions you stared or have participated in. Hopefully this helps. Then stay logged out and you will not see the yellow box on all the threads....

zmcfcd5dp4zv.png

o26ogj6slvpj.png