Strange Self Coaching? Odd slalom ideas?

Horton

• Administrators

I did something today that I guess makes sense but I would never think to coach it. Maybe it is more of a trick then a tip.

Whatever, is there stuff that you think about that gets you more balls but that you most skiers to not think about?

• Administrators
My thing? It was just chin up from the wakes to the ball. Not that I am normally head down. Does not seem like a HUGE thing but it definitely changed my score today. When it worked I was like "Who would ever have guessed?"

Honestly I think this is a great topic. I have found that at times a simple idea such as "chin up" or "palm up through turn" or "left arm pressure at gate" helps me actually get my body to do a much more complex action such as "hip to handle" or "counter rotate" that for some reason I struggle at actually implementing while on the water. But yes I have used all three listed above to simplify a more complex thought and has helped me achieve those at warp speed on the water trying to scrap out a hard pass.

• Baller
Whenever I find myself trailing my hips or looking down at the buoy I think about shooting a bow and arrow at the pylon. It keeps your shoulders back, your hips up, and extends your arm nice and straight toward the pylon. When you draw a bow back, its best to be one smooth motion. Works for me!