Introduction/Networking-Southern California

Wtrskr495

Hey everyone. Wanted to reach out to anyone interested in networking in the local So Cal community. I live in the Orange area, and over the years have been running out of places to ski a course. Used to be a couple of courses and a ski school on Irvine Lake a while back that unfortunately was closed. After that I used to rent a pass through California Skier on Lake Elsinore about every other weekend in the summer, but since the drought that course has been removed and unlikely to be replaced. Would love to find another place to ski a course on a more consistent basis. I at least get to travel a few times a year to FL for work....ski and equipment in tow and will hit up a few after work sessions. I know that the Quarry and Canyon Lake are pretty close, but private membership lakes. Anyways, would be good to know who else is based out of here, and if anyone has any suggestions.

-Cheers

• Baller
@Wtrskr495 Canyon Lake has a ski club with a couple tournaments coming up this fall. They have a fun and friendly crew that appreciates newcomers who help out - it's a great way to meet people and make some connections for rides. San Diego is a little further away, but the San Diego Waterski Team runs a Class F (for Fun) tournament every month through November. It's a laid-back and very friendly crew with many serious skiers competing against their own best scores. San Diego also has a very active college team scene. There's also the Wet Set Waterski Club based in the Inland Empire, Carlsbad Lagoon in North County San Diego and San Vicente Reservoir east of San Diego. PM me if you want more info. Glad to help!