Waterproof Phone is Actually Waterproof!

Edmund

• Baller
Weekend before last, a friend was starting to help me take the cover off my boat which was on the lift. Her Samsung S7 cell phone fell out of her pocket into the lake in about 6 to 7 feet of water, and after around 20 to 30 minutes of diving and searching, I found it. The water is fairly clean but is not that clear that far down, and the silt would kick up every time I dove down to look, with a scuba mask on. Even though it is advertised as waterproof, I thought for certain that it would not work (or work well) with such a long dip in the lake. After retrieving it, the phone actually worked with just a little bit of speaker distortion which soon cleared up after it completely dried. Still works fine. I was lucky to find it just before a wakeboard boat went past my dock which would probably have caused the phone to shift elsewhere. Moral of the story: Don’t take your phone near the dock. Since we all ignore that, then buy a waterproof phone and don’t give up looking for it on the bottom of the lake. I keep thinking I am going to drop my old non-waterproof Galaxy S III in the lake sooner or later, and then it will be toast.

• Administrators
yea I was talking to Nick Parsons with a S7 last year while cleaning my boat. Somehow I flung the phone in the lake mid sentence. I jumped in and found it 8 feet down. Works like a charm.

• Baller

I've dropped my iPhone 7 in the water 2 times in the last 2 weeks. First time it was down for about 30 seconds. Last night, it took 2-3 minutes to find it. I am writing this from the phone right now.

I need to find something else to do with my phone around the water.