Offside crossings.

Andre

• Baller

Tons of discussion about offside turns but not much about crossing the wake (1 to 2 for RFF and 2 to 3 for LFF ) after the offside turns. (I'm RFF 34 mph 28-32 off ).

Noticed this morning that i'm losing angle when hitting the first wake and make me fast and narrow coming to my onside turn which i have then to rush to compensate.

Do all of you guys feel you're coming faster to your onside then your offside turns ?

My onside crossing is way better and i'would like to ''feel'' my offside more like my onside.

What do you do or think we should concentrate on to improve offside crossing of the wake?

What's the most commun mistake peoples do on offside ?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

what speed and line lengths? Video would help as there may be something happening before the hook up that causes the issue, like short reaching or not letting the ski finish.

In most cases I would say left arm pressure from hook up and continue to build that pressure through the wakes. The biggest problem most skiers have is getting into and maintaining their stack from the off side pull. Again, video would help.

• Baller
Watch some video of yourself, and post it here also. When i watch video of myself i see the my stack is much better for onside pull than offside which result in loss of direction through the wakes on that side. Working on getting my hips in line with my shoulders and feet has helped alot.

• Administrators
@Andre if you are like most skiers you are likely a little broken going into the wakes on the way to On Side. Video would be nice but since we are just guessing.... do you think you finish your Off Side turn with your shoulders or hips? Most skiers reach for the handle early and lead the turn with their shoulders. This typically results in an awkward position where your back leg is bent and front leg is a lot straighter and hips are a bit back. When that happens the boat is going to just pull you toward On Side.

• Baller

Sadly,a big YES to all Horton...

I must admit that i'm not stack 100% coming out of my offside and sitting on the tail a bit.

Willing to try some drills if you got some tips to help.

I'm just not able to push my hips forward like i can on my onside.

Will try for video this week end.

That could be ugly...

• Administrators
@Andre stand tall before apex. Make the turn happen with your feet knees hips. Your shoulders should be the last thing to rotate. That should set you up for a better wake crossing to On Side

• Baller

Just recently , I break the rules, the G.O.A.T actually said, not to wait for the boat , turn and get going, is what he wanted me to do, it doesn't work for me, I end up pulling with my arms or loading way too much, it dosen't feel good at all, @Horton is right if you are too eager to go, you are going to end up in bad shape, now this terminology might be incorrect, but I have gone back to waiting for the boat, by this I mean I stand and wait for the boat to connect this allows me to keep my arms straight, because there is tension on them and establish strong body position, gradually load to the center line and then unload in a controlled fashion, this way I do not get seperated and can maintain good direction, without my shoulder getting pulled over into the bouy, my platform seems to be much more stable.

I watch video of Pro skiers, re-establishng their position, at the end of the turn, before taking the pull,

I might be wrong but it's what I think I see, or am I seeing someting different ?

• Baller

@Horton

Stayed @28 off this morning and tried to practice your advices and it worked a couples of times where i felt way better on my offside crossing...and everytime it was because i had a better offside turn before that lean.

Was working on staying tall and strong coming in the offside turn...

So gotta work on that and it will give me better offside position crossing the wake.

Tall and strong...