70 year old M8 Bob Hardeman runs 5 @ 35 off / 34 MPH!

Horton

• Administrators

Did you wonder if someone was going to take full advantage for ZBS scoring in class C events? The rules said he could so Bob is now the man to beat in M8.

After Bob's ride he offered some Geritol to all the M3/ M4 /M5 on site.

• Baller

So is that scored 5@39?

I love Bob and he is a great skier. This is what we predicted. Stand by for a score at 36.

I think I love his wife more. Different topic. Still waiting for bikini contest video.

• Baller
@Dirt yes, based on his "max" of 30 mph, that would be the same buoy count as 5@39. As stated previously, what good is it though? He can't ski that speed at Regionals or Nationals. What can Bob do at 30 mph?

• Baller

@LeonL The Cuenca photo is relevant because it was from the Senior World Championship trip where he was not scored at 30mph. How can he qualify when the AWSA speeds don't match IWWF speeds?

And Cuenca is a spectacular town to visit if you are a tourist in Spain.

Eric

• Baller

His passport requires no photograph.

When he drives a car off the lot, its price increases in value.

Once a rattlesnake bit him, after 5 days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died.

His feet don’t get blisters, but his bindings do.

He is Bob Hardeman.

• Baller_

It's interesting that, over the last 12 months, his 5@-35 34 mph score is only one buoy better than his 4@-38 32 mph score and only 2 buoys better than his 3@-39 30 mph score. That is close and, since 30 mph is a new speed for reaching his new age group, would he eventually improve with that speed to score on par with the other two higher speeds and approach that 6 buoy separation in speed/line length combo?

I also wonder which speed/line combo he enjoyed more.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I'm 69 and agree that 34 gives you more momentum for the shorter line lengths. I've run 39 in the past at 34 but could never do it at 32 mph. Been a goal for a long time now. Making ZO do the work for you is something I worked on with the GOAT, AM. Shot this video when I first started working on that. At age 69 the more you can get ZO to do the work the better I like it.