Which Prop?

Keith_Menard

• Baller
The smoothness you'll get going from anything that is forged (CVP) to anything that is CNC'd (ACME, OJ) is well worth it. CNC'd props have been around so long now that I think some of us sometimes forget how much vibration you could feel in the past.

• Baller_

@"Keith Menard" : the stainless prop (CVP - Central Valley Propeller) as noted is a 13 x 13 with a 1-1/8" shaft. The MD stands for the cup they used, and CVP used blank / M / MD for progressively more cup on those. The MD is very close if not a 13 x 14 prop.

The other side of the hub on the Acme should give you the specific details on which prop (PN, specifications), which you can go to the Acme website and see what that represents. The Gekko is a pretty light boat, so you will be able to prop it taller than heavier similar boats. My guess is that Acme prop is a 449 which should be comparable to the CVP MD which was probably original equipment. Acme props will have less pitch to provide same speed to RPM ratio compared to CVP, Michigan Wheel, etc props due to more blade area.

I don't want to hijack this thread but, we are also looking for a prop for our 4winns. Just tried a bigger 15" I believe tonight. Was not terrible out of the hole but I thought it made the wake terrible. Seemed to almost be a third bump in the center and I am on a full length rope right now.

Being not really a ski boat I was wondering what recommendations if any, any of you have. We are looking for a good pullout for me skiing but also a decent cruiser. We have a 350-400hp chevy 350 I/O.

I don't really understand much at all about the props.

If you would rather I can make my own thread too.

Thanks

• Baller
@dhofert tried a 15p opposed to what? Stainless? Really depends on the rpms you're currently pulling as to whether you can drop to a 13" most I/o have somewhere between a 17-21. If you have a removable hub, you can buy another prop and try it and keep whatever works. Or a good dealer will let you try other props to see what spins best for your boat. As for the wake, try different line lengths to see what feels the best. I know it's not a tournament boat but whatever gets you skiing!