Horton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
That is why I upgraded my rope to the Masterline slip knot rope. Cannot be put on wrong. I have had people attach the loop of the end of the previous section , not the one that you are skiing. Didn't end this bad ( if that is what happened )

• Baller

@thager seems right to me - popped right as he started to let up like a hair trigger - probably had a loop formed in the long line segment instead of the next loop down, when pulled the knot held against the loop, as the skier cut out and released tension that knot slipped and some amount of mainline slipped out.

Almost should send the spare line back out of the slip tube to the rear, would hate to drag someone on that.

• Baller

Yeah - not right - however sometimes when tournaments have safety boats and since the fallen skiers usually swim in you'll see the tendency to just keep on cooking down the lake at speed. Could be boat crew saw the fall, took until after the guy bounced to say anything and the driver may have already started to "autopilot" down the lake.

This is where when people talk about some sort of release for other towed sport you can see the value - but the risk of pre-release.

• Baller

I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not. Definitely not trying to squeeze any entertainment value out of a possible injury. (unless it's really, really funny :) )

There's another video out there somewhere of a skier tumble turning out of a fall and standing back up, but after a second look the one above does look like he may have been stuck on the handle. Would really like to see what happened immediately after...

• Baller

Honey...Someone stole our fireplace mantel!

The fin is quite impressive but I am actually impressed that in order to make the tip of the ski Larry had to bend a 1x6 piece of oak! That is no small feat. Imagine how much that thing weighs?!?