This is why i love the internet

Horton

• Baller_
Daughters friend ended up going under a pontoon boat. His family rented one for the day of river cruising. He was sitting on the very front, legs over the side and caught the water with his feet and was swept off the front. Spent 1/2 of his senior yr in high school in a wheel chair healing from his mangled foot. Can’t get over how some people lack this much common sense.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
fact that somebody actually spent enough money to build this prototype just cracks me up. if I could figure out a nice way to message him and explain that it the worst/stupidest idea I've ever seen I would.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Members

@Horton here’s my best shot at that. You can copy and paste it if you’d like.

Hey Moron, that is likely the worst or stupidest idea ever, I can’t decide which.

Sincerely,

The Intergalactic Leader

• Baller
Back to the wake bike. So the inventor/developer/expert/best (only?) rider on the planet cant even make an easy turn out of the wake without dumping it doesnt say much for the advertising claim of allowing "the user to easily carve and jump wakes." Not the best sales pitch I've ever seen. Maybe a little more practice before shooting the video?

• Baller
@75Tique - its not a "new" idea other people have bolted BMX's to wakeskates and such over the years. Really if you wanted to pull off something unique you would want the running surface to be two separated skis side by side that can be leaned by turning the handle bar something more like the Sno-Go but instead of a Tricycle it would be more like riding a bike on a pair of combo skis. As is with the bike tied at the front I don't see how a rider could influence it to generate that much cross wake angle.

@BraceMaker we had one of these "sit skis" back in the 70's/80's.

https://www.coolthings.com/waterskiing-chair/

It seemed like a good idea until you landed a bit nose heavy and you had to clear all the metal hardware going out the front. Once it sank since it basically was neutrally buoyant and once the seat and tube had water in it, it headed down. It lasted a while in our house but after a couple ER visits it mysteriously disappeared.

@klindy can't stop laughing after reading the title of the article:

"Waterskiing Chair For When You Are Too tired To Stand"

At last we have an alternative for the water sport enthusiast with an energy level so low they can't even stand up!