Horton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
@skialex thank you for that video. Those dudes are nuts. The skier that pulled the hole shot runs it in on the bike next to him. Skier vs bike , that is priceless right there. Hope the riders and skiers get to switch places , because the skier is always at the wrong end of the rope in this sport.

@Booze That looks really familiar to me. If it was daylight it could have been me. I had a right wheel brake off an axel just as I was leaving SW Michigan to head to IL for the Midwest regionals towing a promo boat. Fortunately I wasn't too far from home and was able to call a flatbed wrecker just like the picture above to drag it up on the truck. We took it back to the lake and he backed the whole rig down the ramp so I could float the boat off the trailer. I loaded the boat back up on a different trailer and made the trip just a bit later. Those trailers make an awful noise grinding to a stop without their wheels/tires!! :)

• Baller

The obvious comment is to point out the dumbass fisher riding on the bow of the boat and how stupid that is and how he was almost chopped up by the prop and how you shouldn't run over buoys. However, the boat cutting across the course is a familiar sight to me. Most of my course time is on my buddy's small semi-private lake. Yes there are people that understand what we are doing and don't give a shit and blow right through the course as we are getting set up. However, most people have absolutely no idea what they are looking at with regards to the buoys on the water. So many times people will be anchored right in the middle of the course (or worse, tied up to it) and we have to pull up to them and explain what we are doing. Most are pretty receptive.

It would be interesting to hear the back story in this case. Looks like a natural lake and not a ski pit but you'd think the jump floating right there indicates "something". It just highlights the ignorance and/or disregard people have for boating and safety, much less the slalom course.