Horton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller_
I think the Instagram post says something about the car hitting the boat trailer as the boat was sitting on it and parked in the street. That would imply to me that it pushed the trailer from underneath the boat, leaving the boat to rest on top of the car.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

That's a broken rope but it's why I always put the extra rope in the boat on the floor behind the drivers seat and away from any feet or hands. If the loop broke at the pylon the 15-35' of rope sitting on the floor makes a quick exit.

• Baller

Here's my 32-off OTF from this week. I rarely try to make just one more buoy when I know I'm out of control, but for some reason I thought I could get back on the ski and get there. Nope!

This link should line you up for the really bad 4-ball turn, then you'll watch me ride the back foot across the wake over to 5 and then flat-ski the exit at 5. Then, I decided to try to get around 6 anyway. Big mistake. My rear knee slammed into the back of my front knee. It is still pretty sore. I had to climb a ladder yesterday. I almost couldn't lift my leg high enough to do the climb.

Go to 3:30 for the crash if the link doesn't line you up. (update: it doesn't sync to a time, oh well)

• Baller

@Andre I'm conditioned at this point. My watch usually logs between 4 and 5 miles per set. I'll drop if I want to progress through the lengths. I've been working on my 32-off gates and getting better turns. Some sets include 10 or 12 incomplete passes. But that's because I drop the handle! Good bless my wife for being patient!!

When I spent summers in Maine I would get up between 4:30am and 5:30am to take 2 or 3 3-4 mile runs freeskiing. Then I'd head to the end of lake for breakfast by seeing how far I could barefoot.

Then after breakfast we'd take a nap!