Did I Just Do That - Addicted

Stevie Boy

• Baller

I have to confess and accept that I have a serious problem, I am addicted to Carbon Fibre Water Skis, I currently have a 2015 Radar Vapor Lithium ski that works really well for me, I am not a top class skier and the ski will do everything that I need it to, I have lost count of the number of skis, I have brought over the last ten years, I do not believe I have just done it again, I have just brought one of the most expensive ski,s ever, what am I doing, will the 2017 Pro Build be a good move or a bad move ?

How am I going to tell the Wife ?

• Baller
@Stevie Boy yes, it's a sickness. Here's what I do to hide my disease... Buy a lot of old skis to camouflage the new ones. They all look the same to the wife ;) Maybe we should start a support group. We can do interventions and hold the skis of the afflicted for safekeeping while they recover... yeah, that's it, safekeeping.

• Baller

I sold my "dummy ski" last year as it was just collecting dust and was offered a good price for it.

I now realize I need to replace it for this season so when she looks in the "ski room", still sees a ski and doesn't think twice about all the hard work you're putting in at the office when I cut out early to hit the lake.

Don't forget to leave your old vest, rope, and gloves hanging nearby as well.

• Administrators
One thing I can tell you is it's a bad idea to leave your new ski in your bed on your wife's side. They never think that is funny. Of course I would never do this.

• Baller

My UCI (Unregistered Carbon Item) arrives tomorrow 2016 Vapor Graphite 66".

@Orlando76 just ship it to work. Not that I have ever done that.

@klindy ski-it-again doesn't help! It only makes it worse.

• Baller
Also, you might get away with, "Radar felt the need to send me a new ski as a "replacement" in the off-chance that something were to happen to my other ski...At the retail price". That last part may or may not be mumbled...

• Baller
@Shell...It is what I have convinced my wife I would need if I had to ever give up skiing! ;). Whenever I have picked out new gear, and she looks at me with a "questioning" in her expression, I just say, "Prozac and Counseling..."