New Skier Ambassador Program?

Horton

• Administrators

Ok so the first pass at this is pretty easy. (I was going to make it complicated on the tech side but @mattP said.... "your site already does that")

So what is yet to be defined what is really expected of an Ambassador? I think it is the following:

Stranger contacts you and asks to be shown the lake - you do it with a smile. These people may be great or they may be monsters. They may bring gas and they may not. Your obligation is one day on the water with strangers. After that you may block their number or become life long friends. It is a lot like speed dating.

So I need names, states, cities and emails addresses. Your actual contact info will NOT be public or searchable.

I think you have a very good point and couldn't agree more: There are a couple of things going on.

Skiers who run balls think they are not good enough to ski USAWS tournaments

Skiers do not know there are local tournaments or anything about it

Skiers want access to a slalom course but don’t know where to find one

Personally I think it all starts w/ the 3rd point. Once a skier can find a course, they'll probably be around others that know about local tournaments (point #2), and that leads to getting more people involved in #1. So... since guys like me (I don't live on a private lake, nor do my friends) want to find a course.... How do WE as a skiing community change #3: Skiers want access to a slalom course but don’t know where to find one

• Baller
We had a club member who didn't ski in our tournaments for years because he didn't think he was good enough. He didn't ski with the core group so nobody really knew how good he was. His first ever tournament he signed up for grassroots to get the mulligan. He ended up scoring into 35 off ...