AWSA needs 8,000 members by 12/31/17 or we loose seats on USAWS!

JeffSurdej

• Baller
@JeffSurdej I am a skier. Close to all weekends from May to Nov. I will probably re-join this year and go to a couple tourneys with a buddy who has been urging me to go for a few years. Kids transitioned to other sports and college. I think in many cases the athletic and fun hook needs to be set in the 10 to 16 year old range. They always enjoyed hanging on our boat for the day, but tourneys were prone to being long, boring days for them except for one daughter who slalomed. I think there's an opportunity to capture familys and groups that do several disciplines for fun and encourage them to join and participate - test their skills in a tourney setting and meet like minded folks.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
I like @elr 's idea in his "tournament on demand" thread. It would seem to be a way to attract new members. It would attract me. It seems like it would be very similar to NASTAR races in snow skiing. NASTAR does not require USSA membership, but maybe if it were put together for waterskiing, it could be connected to AWSA/USAWS membership as a benefit. Posting this here as I cannot post in that other thread. The score/class equivalency would have to be addressed.

• Baller
@JeffSurdej - On public water here in southern New England I see in rough numbers about 80% wakeboard, and 20% skiing. Why hasn't there been any movement towards combined slalom and wake events? Could this approach drive more participation?