Sacha Descuns is the 10th man in history to run 41 off at 36 mph (58K)!

Horton

• Administrators

1. Jeff Rodgers - 1997

2. Andy Mapple - 1998

Ben Favret - 2002 - Boat Path Issue

3. Jamie Beauchesne - 2003

4. Chris Parrish - 2005

5. Will Asher - 2008

*Thomas Degasperi - 2009 (Run Off)

6. Nate Smith - 2010

7. Jon Travers - 2012

8. Freddie Winter - 2014

9. Corey Vaughn - 2015

Jeff Rogers - 55k 2012

Andy Mapple - 55k 2014

*Frederic Halt - 55k 2014

* Run-off

Much more details to follow!

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

adkh2oskier,

I don't know the number, but I would put a $100 on it not being close. Seems Nate was in the high eighties a year or more ago. Given several of those listed have "only" run it one or two times I think my bet is very safe...

• Baller
someone may have started this?: would. be interesting to see 10th running 35, 38, 39, 41 on a curve. will 10 people ever run 43 without some kind of rule change? i think Brettt Thurley was the 10th to run 39 in 1996?

• Baller

@drago I don't know about the 10th to run 39, but the first and second were Mike

Kjellander then Andy Mapple. Oct. 29 then Oct. 30, 1988. From late 1988 through 1996,

Andy was the sole record-holder as he increased the record in increments up to 4.5.

• Members
While running all 6 @ 39.5 1988 was amazing they had a slight advantage.......Appetite for Destruction was still a fresh release. Kudos to the guys who run 41, with the crap music that is released today im surprised anyone can learn a deep water start.

• Baller

Video is probably stored in the same place as Jamie Beauchesne's! Although, best as I can

tell, the European Men SL record is 1 @ 9.75, so this would be a tie, and needing verification.

Which would include checking the Cl. video. Event was not "R", so there would have been no

requirement for in-boat video.

• Baller
It is unfortunate but it seems no skiers focus on overall at a high level anymore. I can't think of anyone currently that could potentially come close to that. I think Jimmy Siemers from a few years back might have had a chance.

• Baller

@Edbrazil your comment "Event was not "R", so there would have been no

requirement for in-boat video. ". Was the event run as "L"? If so, given that Sacha was skiing in an Elite division, shouldn't in boat video still be required? But I believe the key will be as @Chad_Scott mentions, the boat path video. Thanks.

• Baller

vs. Jaret's OA record: It also featured a World Record in jump in the score. 235' 71.7m.

Plus tricks up near 11k. Just so-so slalom. Faked a lot of officials out. I was present

at that tournament and helped out some.

The current contenders are: Adam, Felipe, Martin, Thibaut All have good SL and TR

scores, but need a BIG jump to add on those.

• Baller

He ran 3@41 in the euro championship this year which tied Tgas for the best score in the tournament. we all know what tgas can do on a ski... but for some reason some fairly high ranking officials cast inuenduos as to the legitimacy of his skiing. Ridiculous.

If there are records set, let there be appropriate evidence, otherwise who cares.

@Chef23 I'd say sledgehammer has a good shot at the overall record. He is about as good a tricker and a way better slalom skier than jaret, just needs to add some distance to his jumps.

• Baller
That kid is on fire. I'm Glad to see he's healthy and ripping. I've been following his YouTube stuff for a little while. I want to ski like him when I grow up. I had to go back to the "who'll be the next to run -41" thread. Hate to say, none of us guessed right