Is Sanger offering up a ski tug again.?

Wish

• Baller_

I could be wrong but this looks exactly like their slalom tug from the 90s less the monkey bars. The one I skied behind had very small but stiff wakes. Very manageable and stacked up well with the boats of that era. Was a screamer for speed. Lots of racing heritage in the Sanger name if I remember correctly. Gotta think it's a bare bones, no frills, low cost tug. Could a prop change lesson the stiffness of the tiny wakes?? Also assuming no wood stingers vs back in the 90s. Could this fill that "we just want a slalom tug under 40k" ...maybe less niche? I know it was also an absolute favorite for barefooters If it still has a deep-ish V hull tawards the stern, trickers may like it as well. This is interesting...hmmmmm..

x82cgwtlcasz.jpeg

• Baller
friend owns one. Has the black scorpion. Surprisingly sluggish out of the hole but once on plane it gets going. Hull design tracks great (ala the Gekko), but the turn around radius of that thing is like a cruise ship. I think because the hull is a v-front to back it just doesn't turn around well. In the course if you drop in the hole and then turn you will be well outside the buoy line before you are facing back to your skier again. Interior fit and finish isn't as good as MC or Nautique.

• Baller

Skied behind it, a TXi, 2001 Response and 99 Sportster all summer.

Sanger had the Scorpion motor. Lots of grunt and near 50 mph top end.

Does take a bit wider arc on turn around, won't slide the back end, but not unmanageable. If still built with wood they went to all treated, non rotting wood in 1994. Very solid and good riding boat through rough water.

15-28 off wakes are firm and the ankles/knees take a hit. Remember the first time skiing behind it coming off the TXi at 28 off, thought my ski was going to break from the impact. Went back to 15 off where it was a bit softer but still harder than flatter bottom comp boats.

Needless to say we all, even the Sanger owner, prefer skiing and ski better behind one of the Malibus. Great barefooting wakes though. Don't think they ever stopped producing this model. Been on their website all the years I remember.

• Baller

Great barefoot wake, tracks great, lots of top-end speed. Turn radius is big. Interior is pretty dated in many ways like an older boat(I have a '91 Centurion in addition to my Nautique). Would get the 6.2 not the 5.7 and she would rip.

Very cool looking boat in the water and on the trailer. Gel work is fantastic. Have not run slalom behind it.

Caveat...I've seen/driven the same one as my brother not the latest. I expect there have been some improvements.

• Baller

As I can no longer edit my post above I should mention that the model year that I skied behind was a 2000. They may have tweaked it since then.

They mention on their current site that it has a 16" deadrise with a delta pad...this sounds the same as in model years past but don't know for sure.

Would be cool if Sanger reduced the deadrise a bit and it softened the wakes some.

However, with all the attention on boats that throw walls of water, I don't think this is going to happen.