How many rides do you get per year?

Horton

• Baller

I get about 70 in a year total. Our season is about 4.5 months on average with 1 month of that cold. I also get down to Florida usually twice in the fall.

I'd love to start skiing in march and end in November it takes me at least 4-6 weels every spring to get reasonably comfortable. This year it wasnt until August. .. I need the time off in the winter to recoup and do other things

• Administrators
@MISkier November to March I'll probably only ski about four rides a month. It's a good time of year to find out what my wife and baby look like and go to the gym.

• Baller
I am pretty happy with the number of sets I got this year knowing that I rarely have access to a boat on a lift closer than 15 min. Majority of my sets consist of 20+ min of trailering one way to the lake. Gets to be a long week when you do that 5+ times in one week. Lot of fuel in the truck too...

• Baller
Pretty close to, 100 but probably just under. I shut it down from mid- or late-October to around April 1. I need a mental break from thinking about how to manage the application and duration of load on my pull out for the gate and where my left elbow is as the ski releases through the edge change out to 1 ball for a few months. Instead I start thinking about when to release my downhill ski for an early edge set before the fall line on my new outside ski and whether to make an up move or a skis under move as my mass moves downhill at the start of the turn, my stance width, edge angle, how much to counter, how much not to counter, driving my outside hand through the turn, looking ahead, tactics, turn shape, where's the delay?, carry speed onto the flats, blah, blah, blah.

• Baller
Ski from May to October. Would go a lot more if I could find a regular partner early afternoons during the week. But not too many people that ski work nights like me. Have a semi retired friend who doesn't ski anymore and will pull me once in a while. Have a regular group on weekends.

• Baller

The ice went away early April so we skied the week after.

Weekdays skiing ends in late September due to lack of daylight.

Weekends ends in early November due to boat can freeze during nights.

Poor daylight is also an issue.

Bad wind and lack of ski buddies take away quite a few days also.

I hope to end up with approximately 85 slalom and 25 trick runs.

And yes, I have same problems that my training does not pay off....

I think that we are lucky in Sweden. There are plus 10 clubs within 2h drive from my home in Stockholm. I guess 2000 usd could pay 1 year full membership in all of them.

It could be fun to visit all in a week. Any ballers that would be interested. =0) ?

(Most clubs that I know of offer cheap guest runs)

• Baller

One thing I learned this year having a lot more sets...is that it didn't necessarily make me better I fight the same demons. For years I though wow, I don't get much water time if i did I'm sure I'd be as good as "that guy"...whoever that guy is (there's plenty of 'em) that's better than me but gets a lot of water time.

Sure did have fun on the water with the increased sets this year, though. Fun, stress relief, great exercise and I just love being in and/or behind a boat.

• Baller

@6balls After years and years of blaming my poor skiing on lack of time on the water, I finally made the commitment to get that added water time last year. After not improving last year, I decided to spend this year concentrating on correcting all those bad habits. It's helped drastically.

I stopped worrying about shortening the rope and started worrying about the way I ski. I'm still inconsistent but drastically better than I've ever been.