Bayliner Boats acquires Heyday Inboards

Horton

• Baller

Not really what I am looking for, as I want a ski boat, but reading up on them, I like some of the features, like less bling and bells and whistles, removable seating and sea deck everywhere for easy cleaning. Kind of a Boston Whaler of the wakeboard/boat surf world. But, . . . it seems to me, most of the wake and surf guys want the $10,000 stereo. Who knows.

Edit: watching a vid about it, I think it could be pretty cool for someone wanting to get into those wake sports. I like that it is comparatively affordable too, if the hull build and mechanics are solid. I would love to see it succeed, and challenge the high price of ski/wake boats. I know I had to buy used. I love my boat, but it might have been nice to have an option to consider new.

• Baller_
No Ski Tractor and a nose dive for that model I'm afraid. Bayliner has never really recovered from being a cut corners cheap product boat company. Bummer..really wanted to see the Ski Tractor make the others rethink high priced tournament boats.

• Baller

we just LOVE the tsunami's these things throw up and down the lake as we're trying to slalom ski.

Prediction: at some point, laws will be passed to limit wave height. At least on our lake, folks are getting a little tired seeing their watercraft getting slammed around, tied to the docks.

• Baller_
@oldjeep I equate then to things like the Mini Couper. Less expensive, trendy (not attractive to me) and targeted to a younger demographic that's starting to come of age where the can buy toys. Heck, the way young buyers do credit and payments these days I'm sure they will sell a few. My guess is the price will come down even more with materials being purchased in mass quantity by a boat manufacturer that large. 35k for a boat with a touch screen that looks like an iPad..hmmmmm.

• Baller

@wish - so far the "trendy" thing hasn't seemed to pay off. Take a look on onlyInboards and the one dealer alone who still has 6 of them sitting on their lot. Kids who surf are literally laughing at the WT-1, not because it doesn't work but because it looks horrible. Basically the pontiac aztec of boats. They are not waiting and hoping the price comes down another 5K. On the plus side if you do want one I'll bet you can already get it for 35K judging by the unsold stock that some dealers seem to have sitting on their lots when it is the end of Aug.

Time will tell, my prediction is that it'll be dead and gone in another year unless they do some major redesign to at least the interior of the thing so there is some way to actually snuggle up next to your girlfriend ;)