Little Mountain Big Dawg

lpskier

• Baller_

Jeff Rodgers is the top seed in tomorrow's sweet 16 following a 4.5 at 41 off in the first round. Harold Hintringer is the second seed, followed by Seth Stisher who had a great two at 41, half a buoy short of his PB. Just going by memory, Mark Shaw (very smooth), Greg Bedal, Don Ashenbrenner, Kyle Tate, Kris LaPoint (coming off an injury and only skiing for a week), Jeff Kepchia, Greg Sund (who brought his young son along from Long Island for the weekend) Marco Bettosini, Tim Huston, Todd Keykendall, Clay Neill (who ran an epic 39 in the first round), and Chad Scott all ski the head-to-head tomorrow. My apologies for any errors or omissions in the report.

The top 8 scores of the day are seeded 1-8, with 9-16 based on the top cumulative scores excluding those from the top eight. In the head to head, the top seed is paired with the lowest, etc. The higher seed in the pair selects who goes first and the second to ski must beat the first in each pair to move on; otherwise the first skier advances.

Great driving by Chris Eller and Tommy Harrington.

After spending the entire day judging, Nate Smith ran 3@43 behind Chad Scott in practice. I've seen lots of ones, and a couple twos, but I have never seen anyone turn three ball and get back to the wake at 43, practice or otherwise. Wow!

Another highlight: Caroline Cooper promoted to Senior Judge in slalom.

Other than about an hour rain delay while a very powerful storm blew through, it was a wonderful day of waterskiing, as is typical, at Little Mountain Ski Club. Thanks for the Neill family for hosting, chief judge Keith Lindenmuhler, TC John Brooks and Slade Cole, Safety/ announcer Bob Archambueau, Scoring John Brooks, Terry Lohr and Bud Davis, and to Jeff Gilbert for pulling the whole event together, with the assistance of many volunteers and local and out of town officials: WPB (Trish Burt) and Orlando (Jennifer Leachman-LaPoint) to the south, Indiana to the west (Nate Smith), Michigan and NY to the north. Also thanks to the sponsors and in particular Nautique.

#iskiconnelly

Lpskier

• Baller_

Nate skied a practice round right after the last Big Dawg competitor Saturday evening. While I watched his 41 and 43, we were breaking down for the day so there is no boat video that I know about. The gate and end course video may or may not have been running but they wouldn't show much of interest. I don't know who was in the boat and whether they were running a phone camera but I didn't hear anything about that at dinner or the next day.

#iskiconnelly

Lpskier

• Baller

Congrats to Chad. Great to see you ski that well man!

Also. Pretty cool to hear of Nate getting a full 3@43. Will be cool to see that go down. It also brings something to mind that maybe Kris LaPoint said back in the day when it was thought it would be impossible to run 41. "If you can get to 3 ball, it can be run".