Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize -The antidote to water ski tournaments that SUCK!

Horton

• Administrators

Many Ballers think that they are not good enough to be competitive at the Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize and that is a TOTAL misunderstanding of the format. These events are designed to give EVERYONE a chance to win. These events are designed to be fun for everyone and to be the antidote to water ski tournaments that SUCK.

Here is how it works:

If you are one of the best 16 skiers in the event you will end up in the Head to Head final and will compete for $3K in prize money. If you are one of those skiers you know how it works. Send me your entry.

If you are not one of the 16 top skiers - you will ski in a handicap final with $3k in prize money. A 22 off skier has as much more chance to win the handicap final as a 38 off skier. In the case of a 22 off skier vs a 38 off skier – the 22 off skier only has to run ¼ ball over their average to beat a 38 off skier who does the same.

Example: Your average is 78 balls (6 @ 22 off) and my average is 102 (6 @ 38 off*). If you run 1.25 at 28 off and I run 1 at 39 you beat me. There is a slight weighting in the tables so if skiers tie the skier with the higher average wins but not by much. (the original tables from last year had a different weighting – I have leveled it out a lot more)

A few more things about the handicap round. Chances are there will not be any skiers with an average into 38 in the handicap round. Skiers with lower averages generally have a better chance of busting out a big score and winning it all.

Official Rules Here

(*this is not my average at the moment but it is a nice round number for the example)

• Baller

To add something to @Horton's comments about the handicap bracket, your placement in the handicap is not dependent on your raw score compared to anyone else. you could be at long line and beat out someone in blue line (me). the placement is determined by your raw score compared to your tournament average. this largely favors skiers with fewer tournament rounds under their belt since people who ski more tournaments have a higher 3 tournament average since they average the 3 best. so if you don't ski many tournaments and think you can show up and beat your tourney average by a few buoys you'll be in the money for sure. especially against me since my tournament best is 3@35, and my tournament average is 3@35 because in all 3 tournaments I skied last year I first set and then tied a new tournament best which is also 1.5 buoys short of my all time personal best.. so in other words the odds of me breaking my average by much are pretty damn slim. so show up, win money, laugh at Horton for any of the thousands of reasons he gives us to on a daily basis, and so on.

*I'm not currently registered but I'm 23, I have no money, and I literally don't know which of the 50 states I'll be living in by the time either of the upcoming events rolls around. as any of those variables become less preventive I will likely be sending in an entry.

• Supporting Member

I am trying to figure out how to make Austin work. I won't have enough scores for handicap, and I definitely won't be good enough for top 16, but I'd sure love to do it once to meet more folks face-to-face.

Realistically, my chances seem low. But fingers crossed.

• Baller

It's a good thing that you cleared up the handicap for us guys at longer lines. I thought it really only helped give you a chance to win if you had an average at -32 or -35.

I thought that due to a comment made last year after the BOS Centurion Cash prize tournament.

• Baller

@628Skiier To be eligible for the handicap round, a skier must have scores from 5 or more different USAWS tournaments in the previous 12 months

Handicaps will be calculated from each skier's USAWS 12 month 3 score average

BallOfSpray reserves the right to tweak individual handicaps and entry qualifications as needed

Non USAWS skiers who can provide documentation of scores from other federations will be admitted at the discretion of the event organizer

@Horton

• Administrators
Correction. 3 events are requested. I am happy to accommodate any skier as long as i have enough information to create a fair handicap.

• Baller
If I haven't quit skiing by then... looking forward to Austin. Thinking of bringing my youngest and camping at the site. Other obligations are going to keep me from some other September tournaments that I normally attend so I may still have the enthusiasm to push into October!

• Baller
The line up for the Sacramento stop is looking good. Some great skiing and some stiff competition will make this event really fun. Steve Grubbs has done a fantastic job rebuilding his lake and the venue is epic. Add to that two totally dialed boats, top notch officials, great drivers and the fact its an L - its going to be goooooood