camaro impact vest

6balls

• Baller

Anyone using one? I have an oneil right now. Love the flexibility but so little flotation and I'm a negatively buoyant guy, anyway. Looking to maintain the thin feel/mobility but pick up just a little flotation...doesn't have to be coast guard flotation just tired of having to keep my lungs full while the rope gets shortened to keep my head above water.

THX

• Baller
I have one. Its very comfortable and it had plenty of flotation. The down side is that after a little over a year it began stretching and the pads started moving around. I'm thinking about a stokes next time. Anyone have a stokes.

• Baller

I had one and loved the fit and function of the vest, but durability left a bit to be desired. I loved the vest so much though that I ordered a replacement at the end of last summer. After receiving the vest I discovered that they made drastic changes to the impact vest last year. I think they had some quality control issues with the manufacturers or something. The vest I received fit horribly. I'm 6'3" 210lbs and they recommended a medium. I doubted this but went with the medium. It turned out to be so big I was swimming in it, and it was so short it didn't cover from my mid torso down at all. It was pretty laughable. I spoke with them and they said they are well aware of the issue and would be fixing it.

Bottom line, before you order one, I would definitetly call and make sure they have corrected the fit and sizing issues.

• Baller
I have had two. The first flaked and peeled. That has been resolved - the second did not peel but it did stretch and the pads moved around just like @gregy. The back flips up when I drop in. Eagle now and very pleased with it.

• Administrators
@6balls I've been using a prototype 2017 impact vest for a number of months now. It has plenty of flotation and is super comfortable. I would assume they are going to come to Market soon.

• Baller
@gregy -?I wear the Mapple jacket that was made by Stokes and it's my favorite vest of all time, and I have a closet full of them - many that still look brand new - the Stokes hasn't come off since I bought it three seasons ago

• Baller
My wife has a Camaro vest that is not yet 2 years old. It is showing a lot of wear and she complains that the pads move around in it. Her previous vests were an Eagle, Rip Curl, and O'Neill. I would rate the Eagle as the best based on wear and fit. The Rip Curl held up well, but weighed a ton. The O'Neil was good and a close second to the Eagle.

• Baller

@6balls - @Horton has been talking about an Eagle BOS version vest. I think they said on any Eagle model but dont quote me. @Horton whats the status of the baller vest? Looking for two for some neighbours to the north; and ya thats how we spell neighbours up here LOL. Hopefully before the x-mas season. Everyone loves their eagle vests!

Baller Vest