If You Hit Something Hard Enough

ozski

• Baller

So I've always wondered what would happen if things went bad on the road, would my 196 go through the Jeep, over or around... I'm not sure if this is typical but I would take it over the "through" option.

ovwjxdhwdjnv.jpeg

• Baller_
@dbutcher, I suspect the tongue would have detached from the hitch ball and the trailer tongue would have rammed through the tailgate. I say this because I've seen a minivan with a trailer rammed through its back doors. The boat was still on the trailer.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Bay liner owners are the most dangerous on the water, land doesn't look much better.

I do wonder what our bow stops would do for us.

I also think his truck box may have saved his life. Imagine the tracking fins coming through :#

• Baller
In 1980 my dealer (pine lake in Michigan) made a special trip to the master craft faculties in tenn to pick up my new boat. About 50 miles from home the boat got launched off the trailer and the nose went thru the rear window of the pickup and hit the driver in the back of the head. He spent several days in the hospital. Factory had to build a new boat for me. Took about three weeks out of the already short Michigan summer.

• Baller

Our ski club in NH had Ski Supreme and MasterCraft in various years. The MasterCraft

trailer didn't have a good positive stop like a Nautique trailer, just an inclined rug-covered

board. Bad design.

2 of the club members took it out to the pond and brought it back. Next time I went out

with another club member, we launched, and the boat went clunka-clunka-clunka.

The underside gear was pretty much wrecked, and it was obvious that the prop had

chewed into the trailer, when they over-powered the boat onto the trailer.

The older scumbag club member claimed no knowledge of what they did. The younger

guy later became an accountant, and eventually admitted what they did. Fortunately,

another founding club member owned a marina and got the stuff fixed. We stupidly let

the both of them back into the club the next year.