Lake House in MA

Than_Bogan

• Gold Member

If you want to live in a great neighborhood (well, except that I live nearby), while also having access to excellent slalom skiing for up to 3 months out of the year :smile:, you may be interested in

Zillow Listing

Depending on where you live now, $1.4M for a half acre with little-to-no lake view* might sound insane. But actually my guess would be that it will go very fast at that price. It's among the biggest/best houses on the south pond (where the skiing is), and Natick has a very solid public school system (and if you want even better then you'll be buying a shack in Wellesley for your 1.4 large-large).

*The property abuts a state park (which contains the lake) and cutting any trees there will earn you hefty fines, revoked dock priveleges, and general neighborhood ire.

Anyhow, houses on this "pond" come up pretty rarely, so I thought I'd mention it.

• Baller
You would have to live almost next door to @Than_Bogan and ski with me. It is a great neighborhood and a beautiful house. I am friends with the people that are selling and they have done a beautiful job updating the house. The house itself is turnkey and they do have a floating dock so you could move right in and start skiing.

• Baller_
@Than_Bogan I forwarded the listing to a recently divorced ski friend in Boston. He sold a really nice house in Winchester and lives now in a down town high rise apartment. If he's interested, if you pm me your phone number, I'll suggest he call you to discuss the ski scene. I'll also point him to @Chef23, Rui and Mike. He's a really good guy.

Lpskier

• Baller
What @Than_Bogan and @Chef23 didn't mention is Natick is located 15 minutes outside of the city of Boston, which makes the value go up that much more. I do most of my shopping in Natick and I'm 45 minutes west of Natick.

• Baller
Frankly the price is not out of line for a 5400 sf house in our town. At that price for that house the fact that it is on the lake is a bonus. The only issue is that is the most expensive house in the neighborhood. Given that it is lake front less than 20 minutes from Boston (with no traffic) the house is really worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.