2016 VTX ski ability

Sxr_nathan

• Baller

Hey all,

Was at the boat show this weekend and had a look at the new VTX and I must say that I was impressed. I feel that Malibu stepped up the fit and finish on this boat. Before this change. A 200V was waaayyy better looking. So the one thing I can't find anywhere yet are reviews on the wake skiing. Does anyone have any first hand experience with skiing behind this boat? I do have some good time behind a 200v just free skiing and we really like the Nautique. Any new feed back to compare these two now that the VTX has been updated?

• Baller

Unfortunately not since I haven't skied one and they made some big changes to it. The 2016 is a whole different beast and looks like a baby whale on the trailer compared to my 2012. Haven't seen any real reviews on the skiability other than one dealer comment (not my dealer) that they had really screwed up the boat in terms of skiability in favor of making it surf better.

• Baller

Seen that video - some unknown line length at an unknown speed. Also be nice if they said what the ballast configuration is. I run my front tank full for skiing. They also had a passenger up there - which I can't imagine at ski speeds unless you never needed to turn back through your path.

My favorite part of that video is where they say it fits easily into a standard garage. The previous VTX requires a special tower hoop to fit under a standard 7ft door - mine just clears. The 2016 is 7ft 3" with the special tower hoop