Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Montana Slalom Scene

Glock

• Baller
Are there any slalom courses in or close to Missoula? I know of a Rosewater in Kalispell and Echo Lake has a course, a lake development in Helena, and Otter tail lake in Bozeman. Those are all a bit far, so I am hoping someone knows something that I don't.

• Baller

Dragonfly Lake is in St. Ignatius and is the closest skiing to Missoula, but I don't know how to get on there. @jedgell is the fella' you want to talk to.

Otter Tail Lake has closed its club, so we are all scrambling to find a new ski site & boat.

• Baller

Well sh!t, nothing like finding out your club has been closed down while reading BOS. Guess we'll start looking for another site tomorrow! Closed down for liability concerns, so we're being told. That really sucks, I just moved to Bozeman and one reason was that club.

@Glock the only ski site is by St Ignatius, I skied there for 7 years. Sadly the lake owner passed away a few years ago and from what I understand no one other than family is using it. Around Missoula it's just public water now, Salmon or Seeley Lakes.

Hey fella I need some one to manicure my island if your not afraid I got pretty nice site about 80miles from bozo we could trade out ski rides or bring ipa that works to but I would rather you do my island .I understand the liability issue at ottertail.but I also no it would suck to have a lake and nobody to ski with.that would slowy drive cookoo were in the guide call if you want

• Baller

@Andre Axe's lake was/is Dragonfly Lk that @jipster43 referenced and also the same lake @jedgell was referring to in St Ignatius.

In all seriousness, the guys in Helena are a fantastic group and I look forward to seeing them every year. It pains me to say the BOS cash prize tourney at Hilltop is the same weekend as one of the tourneys in Helena.

These pictures may not be as good as the Waterski Mag pics but, I was able to ski there (thank you jedgell & Frank) and camp overnight (thank you Jim Axe - R.I.P.) during a vacation road trip my wife & I took a few years back.

95mrscyezsjx.jpg

6kz803vo6tge.jpg

dxe23w30y40a.jpg

Well son wouldnt ask you to do anything I havent done 100 times I suppose cleaning the outhouse is out of the question ? It sucks but somebody has to do it. Life as a lake owner isnt very glamorous.its alot of work Ski club members got it made.im done venting see ya in spring

• Baller_

Moose Country Ski Ranch!! Yes!! Moose Country has been high and dry for over 10 years now. Recent photos show the lake has receded nearly 1/4 mile from where the slalom course is.

The jump was sold many years ago into Washington state.

Freddy continues to live part time on the property and the old Malibu is still in the boat house.

Lack of snow pack and drought have left the lake nearly empty.

Maybe this winters el Nino will fill it back up again. We can only hope!!

@dougski

Hope to make back up this season, Helena is a great place to ski and the folks There have southern style hospitality! Cleaning the John (G) no big deal!!

• Baller
Bumping this one to see how things are looking in western Montana/Idaho/eastern Washington. New to the area and looking to make some turns before the season wraps up. Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you! (If any folks at No Wake in Helena on here, I skied with y'all once a couple summers ago with a local family and really enjoyed it, would love to join ya again sometime. I'll make those islands look almost as good as @MS would...) B)

• Baller

That lake near St. Ignatius was in the market last spring. Did any ballers buy it, or anyone in the area know the status of the property? It is really, really remote. I think Rosewater is humming along nicely. More of the lots are growing houses in them every year.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/304-Rosewater-Loop-Kalispell-MT-59901/2061267250_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

• Baller
47 minutes ago, jriester33 said:

Any ballers familiar with a course in Frenchtown or up in Seeley Lake area? Thanks! 

I'm following this as I have a son living in Frenchtown and I'll be visiting and could be looking for a pull

Edited by DonT
additional info

• Baller
10 minutes ago, Deanoski said:

I drive by that area all the time and have never seen a coarse 

Rosewater in Kalispell  is always an option 

hit me up 

heading up there the first weekend in May -  but it might be a bit chilly to bring the water ski, plus we're looking after our grand daughter while her father does the Spartan race.  But we'll be back up there later this summer.

Hey All, I am new to Bozeman. Just moved from Oregon where I had a private ski site 25 minutes from home.  I am totally willing to drive further which I know I will need to, but looking for a new home to make some turns here in Montana.  I own a boat if that helps! Cheers! 

• Baller_

@Ave If you like bluegrass music, check out The Kitchen Dwellers. Local band in Bozeman. 

There is a ski lake near Whitefish, but that would be a five hour crank for you. You may have to switch to fishing. 

• Like 1

Lpskier

@Ave - your post caught my eye. I've been in Bozeman for around 6 years and have yet to bump into anyone who is a baller. I'll be sure to reach out if I sniff out any connections for some skiing.

I usually get my fix when I visit family in Wisconsin but sadly, I'm down to around 12 sets a year.

Hi everyone!! We are new to Bozeman. Driving on the 90 west of Bozeman in Manhattan we drove past a beautiful course. Does anyone know anything about who owns it and how to get on?  I skied in college and we have a Stars and Stripes mastercraft.