Canada wins World team tittle!!!

jayski

• Baller

@jackski

From Britta on Facebook:

Thanks everyone for your concern... Jaret has a broken femur, which will require surgery here in MEX. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!!!!! I will keep updating everyone. Now please enjoy your night!!!!

• Baller

@wolfgang Canada has won the Team Overall in 1991, 1993, 1999, 2009, and 2015

@"Mateo Vargas" Not all skiers from each country are on the country's 6 member team. If Anna Gay was on the team over Erika Lang based on this year's placement she would have improved the team score more. Not having Freddy on the team this year was a big loss. Scott filled his spot I believe and ended up 25th in Jump.

• Baller

Note: neither Freddy nor Zack (64.0m) skied in the US Team Trials about 5 months ago at Cory's

site. Injury maybe? Scot was the only 6 ft. Mens Jumper at the Trials, and bested the next man

by 13 feet (223 to 210).

In the Worlds Team Points Scoring, the US beat Canada in SL and TR, but was way behind in JU.

See:

http://www.iwwfed-ea.org/competition.php?cc=T-15IWWF02&page=overall_team_classification

• Baller

Last time there was a major change in the scoring for the Worlds was when they stopped

summing the prelims and finals for individual placement, Austria 1991. For a short while,

Overall was a separate event, such as for the 2003 Worlds at Swiss in Clermont, FL.

• Baller

Dislike and disagree all you want but the USA got Gold in 4 out of the six individual events, and one of the 2 Overall Golds. One of the only two individual disciplines the USA didn't get gold, still got Bronze. 62.5% of all Gold medals and Medaling in 75% of events is dominance.

I understand that only 6 are "on the team", but how does that make sense? Every skier, worldwide, has the opportunity to qualify for worlds, but you aren't on your country's team? If you're shooting for fairness, its in the process of qualifying at all.

Obviously you guys don't agree. No problem with that

• Administrators

@aupatking my disagree is based on the fact that the rules have been this way as long as I can remember (many decades). Nothing controversial about it.

This is a "give your self a Panda and don't worry about it" sort of thing.